Rocket Apparamento or ECM Mechanika Rotary Profi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocket Apparamento or ECM Mechanika Rotary Profi

I have researched myself into confusion.

I had my heart set on a Rocket because, let’s face it, they are gorgeous. Then my husband threw out the idea that we might, one day, want to plumb the machine in. Hours of research later and we’ve narrowed it to the ECM Mechanika Rotary Profi (which is around 350 more expensive).

Money isn’t our main concern. We want a great machine that will last. I do need to buy before EOFY so can’t procrastinate too much

I’d love to hear your thoughts

Thanks coffee lovers ☕️

Izzo Alex IV Plus PID?

Comment

I had an ECM Technika and then upgraded to an ECM Synchronika (feb this year) and I have to say I am super impressed with anything ECM. It's all pure quality, from machines to tampers and pretty much all other accessories. Think hubby has the right idea about plumbing in too, although I have not gotten around to doing that with mine, it's only a question of organizing it.

Comment

If money or space is not concern, personally I'd not consider an Apartamento, Its built with cheaper components, i.e mater pressure stat vs Sirai on ECM, no pressure gauge, boiler is not insulated, small drip tray (may or may not be an issue for you)

Comment

Originally posted by Caffeinator View Post
          Izzo Alex IV Plus PID?
          This wasn’t on my radar. Off to google but I’d love to hear why you recommend this over the two I was looking at. Thanks

Originally posted by tompoland View Post
          I had an ECM Technika and then upgraded to an ECM Synchronika (feb this year) and I have to say I am super impressed with anything ECM. It's all pure quality, from machines to tampers and pretty much all other accessories. Think hubby has the right idea about plumbing in too, although I have not gotten around to doing that with mine, it's only a question of organizing it.
          He’ll be happy to hear he was right 😂

awesome to hear they are great machines. Thank you

Originally posted by sacsnob View Post
          If money or space is not concern, personally I'd not consider an Apartamento, Its built with cheaper components, i.e mater pressure stat vs Sirai on ECM, no pressure gauge, boiler is not insulated, small drip tray (may or may not be an issue for you)
          Space isn’t a huge issue (pun not intended). Good to know the differences. Thanks

Comment

Space isn’t a huge issue (pun not intended). Good to know the differences. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Funny, took me a moment, but I got there.

Comment

The e61 machines with rotary pumps are usually all plumbable and have similar specifications. They share many of the same parts.

The final choice often comes down to aesthetics, ergonomics and offers available at the time.

The ECM is a great machine. The Rocket equivalent is the Mozzafiato rotary. The Apartamento is a step down from either of the two mentioned.

Comment

Thanks Sam

Comment

Throwing another one into the mix - Crem One - 1B PID

https://www.jetblackespresso.com.au/...-exchanger-pid

Comment

Have you seen the spreadsheet on reddit of prosumer coffee machines? It's up-to-date as of a year ago. There will be a few new models not listed.

If you search "reddit prosumer coffee machines spreadsheet" it's the first link. Pricing is in USD but most helpful is the listing of machines with rotary pumps that can be plumbed.

There are no bad choices in this category. I would be looking for a trustworthy retailer who can provide ongoing advice, support and servicing. Start with the site sponsors.

Comment

Working...
                    X