Compak K10 WBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak K10 WBC

Some interesting info on this grinder this arvo...

The price has actually come down! Its now $1950 which is a whole heap cheaper than a Mazzer Robur

I have updated the review and pics of the K10 in the reviews section at the top of this thread....

This is a great top end cafe grinder and also marketed to baristi gearing up for competition....

Re: Compak K10 WBC

Ive a few questions:

Is it as quiet as a Robur?
    Is it smaller than a Robur?
    Hows it compared to the Kony?

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1171437692/0#1 date=1171438712
      Ive a few questions:

Is it as quiet as a Robur?
      Is it smaller than a Robur?
      Hows it compared to the Kony?

Cheers,

Mark.
      1? I would assume so- theyre hand-built and spin very slowly. Even the Rossi MC is really quiet
      2? Dimensions are listed- the robur is taller
      3? No contest...It competes with the Mazzer robur- the best of their bunch

Comment

When you say 3? no contest, do you mean in thoughput, or grind quality? I know Im really picking nits here, but you have to have a grinder to aspire to. Besides the Robur is so quiet, its hard to believe its a high throuput grinder.

The Kony was one of the grinders on my grinder upgrade path, thats why Im interested in it. The Robur is just too gargantuan for even me.

Actually the two grinders on my upgrade list are the Kony or Cimbali Max. But the K10 WBC now seems within striking distance...

Cheers,

Mark.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky link=1171437692/0#3 date=1171439749
          When you say 3? no contest, do you mean in thoughput, or grind quality? I know Im really picking nits here, but you have to have a grinder to aspire to. Besides the Robur is so quiet, its hard to believe its a high throuput grinder.

The Kony was one of the grinders on my grinder upgrade path, thats why Im interested in it. The Robur is just too gargantuan for even me.

Actually the two grinders on my upgrade list are the Kony or Cimbali Max. But the K10 WBC now seems within striking distance...

Cheers,

Mark.
          Mark- the Kony is slooooooooooooooooooow  :...Grind quality is ok, but throughput sucks. Id have a Rossi MC in preference any day....BTW, theyre a bargain...Nevertheless, I think anyone planning on competing would be having a long chat with some owners of whatever grinder they were planning on getting. All grinders have pros and cons....

The Robur has a RRP of $2.8k (edit now $3k)- with lower street prices of course ....

2mcm

Comment

Is that a left-handed doser?

Comment

Compaks can be changed to left or right.

Comment

Originally posted by 2muchcoffeeman link=1171437692/0#4 date=1171440345
                The Robur has a RRP of $2.8k- with lower street prices of course ....
                Ill say! I couldnt believe that $2.8k is the RRP!

Comment

While were talking conicals,

How much do the Kony, Cimbali Max and Rossi MC go for?

Whats the cheapest quality conical grinder available i.e Mazzer Mini grind quality or greater?

Whats the best value conical grinder?

Is grind quality the main judge of a grinder?

When will the perfect home grinder be made?

Will Warnie make a comeback?

Comment

Are you saying the Macap I have at home is not perfect?

Comment

Of course not! It goes without saying that the M5 is perfect.

It s just that its price is too low. I wouldnt be seen dead with such a cheap grinder.

Comment

Off topic replies have been moved to [link=http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1171623577]This Thread[/link]

Comment

I received a Compak K10 WBC in Platinum/aluminium...will give it a good thrasing this week and post up my impressions.

Not the colour I wanted but will do for now...

Comment

Sorry...the above post was meant to come from this account and not Veneziano....why is it that whenever I post under the sponsor login, I can never edit or delete posts?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1171437692/0#13 date=1200474436
                              ...why is it that whenever I post under the sponsor login, I can never edit or delete posts?
                              Try logging off and then back on again.

Java "The cookie monster" phile
                              Toys! I must have new toys!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X