Compak k8 grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak k8 grinder

Just a quicky here re the Compak k8 grinder.

Has anyone any knowledge and or opinions of this model?

Thanks, Craig.

Re: Compak k8 grinder

Originally posted by coastal coffee link=1183454247/0#0 date=1183454247
    Just a quicky here re the Compak k8 grinder.

Has anyone any knowledge and or opinions of this model?

Thanks, Craig.
    Hi Craig,

The K8 competes with the Mazzer major....

If I was shopping in that market, I reckon Id skip straight past and grab a K10 WBC which will go pretty much toe to toe with a Mazzer Robur and a is whole gorilla cheaper....At under $2k, the K10 is a "bargain" and leaves you a grand to spend on something else....

Chris

Comment

CC

I have a K8 and love it: great grind, very fast, very quiet, easy to adjust, doser wipes clean and dumps into the centre of the PF nicely.

In my case, its for home use so, being a commercial spec grinder some issues like the gi-normous hopper, auto fill and the grind retention in the chute have required some adjustments.

I bought it pre-"un"-loved and it needed a lot of TLC to get it right.

Without the hopper, its big black/chrome curvey body and its big chrome tamper nose, it looks like the mutant love child of a degenerate threesome between R2D2, Gonzo from the muppets and some 70s Drip percolater....[I can hear the wah wah music now!!] ...but hey!! you get used to its uglyness.

From what Ive read, the K10WBC with conical burrs is a show stopper of a grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by reubster link=1183454247/0#2 date=1183512512
        CC

I have a K8 and love it: great grind, very fast, very quiet, easy to adjust, doser wipes clean and dumps into the centre of the PF nicely.

In my case, its for home use so, being a commercial spec grinder some issues like the gi-normous hopper, auto fill and the grind retention in the chute have required some adjustments.

I bought it pre-"un"-loved and it needed a lot of TLC to get it right.

Without the hopper, its big black/chrome curvey body and its big chrome tamper nose, it looks like the mutant love child of a degenerate threesome between R2D2, Gonzo from the muppets and some 70s Drip percolater....[I can hear the wah wah music now!!] ...but hey!! you get used to its uglyness.

From what Ive read, the K10WBC with conical burrs is a show stopper of a grinder.
        Thanks Reubster, I have been given one to play with I am not sure it is right
        for me in the shop but I used it for some Bani Ismail tonight and it was as you say easy to adjust and quiet.

The coffee in the cup yummmm.

By the way it is quite beautiful 8-)

Comment

Working...
        X