Sunbeam Promo Free EM0480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam Promo Free EM0480

Sorry if this has been posted previously but I found this out by accident in Myer yesterday. It may be of some interest ...

As a Fathers Day promo, Sunbeam is offering a free EM0480 on each EM6910 sold from August 1st through to Sept 2nd.

Just a little snooping found ...

I wonder if this means a new version "EM0490" is on its way?

N.B.
    Unsolicited commercial link removed in accordance with CoffeeSnobs Sales & Posting Policy.
    Mal.

Re: Sunbeam Promo Free EM0480

The cynic in me thinks there must a catch somewhere, however this seems like a pretty good deal.

From what Ive read here about both these machines, there arent too many complaints. Sure, its obviously not the high end gear that many seem to rave about, but for the "average Joe", this could well be the way to go.

Might have to check this one out me thinks.

Comment

i saw this promo in the good guys also.. $599 less for cash. umm.. only bought the breville ikon with the free grinder a couple of months ago.. might have to upgrade already! hahahaha

Comment

This would have made my decision easier I would have snapped up this offer. Pity I bought my grinder a month ago. Still deciding on a machine now. Bugger!!!!!

Comment

Sueb you could always buy the combo then sell the new grinder on some auction place to recoup your money... Just a suggestion.

Comment

Yeah I am very seriously considering this!!!!!

Comment

Under $600 for the EM6910 & EM0480 seems like great value - the only other combo in this price range I can think of is the the Gaggia Classic & EM0480 (which would probably still cost a bit more).

Comment

Woohoo ordered my EM6910 today! I didnt want the demo model so they ordered me a new one from Sunbeam. Which is what I wishes for anyway just incase they have made any recent mods to them. So I should hopefully get my brand spanka early next week!!!

I think this is a great deal with grinder and the coffee course!!! Cant wait to do the course

Sue

Comment

It is a good offer and I also couldnt resist. I wonder how long it will take to deliver the grinder from Sunbeam? Also wondering given all the bad reports on the 480 if maybe I should sell it new and get something else, or wait until it invariably breaks and then get sunbeam to send me out a "490" as a replacement?

Comment

Originally posted by Laryngoscope link=1185923313/0#8 date=1186050429
                    It is a good offer and I also couldnt resist. I wonder how long it will take to deliver the grinder from Sunbeam? Also wondering given all the bad reports on the 480 if maybe I should sell it new and get something else, or wait until it invariably breaks and then get sunbeam to send me out a "490" as a replacement?
                    I too couldnt resist and picked up my EM6910 yesterday. On the back of the redemption form for the EM0480, it states that we should allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. So I guess Ill have to put up with hand grinding on my Zassenhaus until then.

As Sunbeam are giving these EM0480s away (with purchase), I wonder if they are covered by warranty. I guess so.

Comment

Wow, I only just read this tread, and am surprised to see that Sunbeam are giving away their Cafe Series grinder with every sale of an EM6910 for Fathers Day.

I found a link to this from a news website which I dont believe contravenes any posting rules, as this website is not a commercial website, nor does it show any sales info, i.e. no pricing or seller information disclosed.

http://www.current.com.au/2007/07/19/article/QYNPHLKEPZ.html

However, if the moderators think that this contravenes posting rules, feel free to take it out, although I cant see how posting up a news-reporting site constitutes a breach of posting rules, as it does not make mention of any particular vendor who may be in competition with the site sponsors. And furthermore Sunbeam themselves are not a competitor as they are a vendor and do not sell directly to public.

Lawrance

Comment

Technically no Lawrance- However, we already know that from the first post in the thread. Your post simply repeats the information already provided- for that reason I wonder why you posted it?

Were you trying to make a point or just have a dig at the mod team?

Comment

Thanks Chris,

No I was not aware of the URL in the first thread, as it was removed before I came across the thread. I did want to know more about it, as a friend was asking me about espresso machines and grinders, since they wanted me to give them a suggestion without spending a lot of money.

I was able to give them a high cost suggestion by pointing them to some links for Rocky/Sylvia, but I wanted to also show them a low price alternative.

I had to spend some time digging around for a URL that doesnt contravene forum posting rules, and I spent some time also reading and understanding the rules just to be sure that I did not break any, as I do respect the site sponsors wishes.

So, no, Im not having a dig at the mod team - Im just interested in contributing to this thread, which is about Sunbeams promo. And also do this without breaking any rules. Posting the URL is simply to verify to other readers that the promotion is "out there", as I could not find it on Sunbeams own website.

I have no idea what the url was that Laryngoscope posted at the start of this tread because it has been edited. So I dont know whether Im posting up the very same URL as he did originally.

Lawrance

Comment

Im also interested in finding out if theres really a new EM0490 in the making, or if its just wishful thinking.

I have a need to buy a cheapie grinder as a present to a non-coffee enthusiast, of which I know many. They just like a reasonable coffee but are not prepared to spend serious money. They just want something good enough for the occasional cup at home, and they are low volume coffee drinkers.

With high fuel prices, rapidly escalating grocery costs, and more rate rises on the horizon, some of us consumers with big mortgages just have little left for fancy bling stuff.

Comment

As a good cheapie for french press or drip, no problem. The 480 will even do for pressurised baskets and their result (not that you can call it espresso ).

The grinder is not up to the task of serious espresso though- youll need at least an Iberital challenge.

Comment

Working...
                              X