Azkoyen Capriccio Automatic Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Azkoyen Capriccio Automatic Grinder

what do you guys think of the "Azkoyen Capriccio Automatic Grinder"?. does anyone know much about it?

Re: Azkoyen Capriccio Automatic Grinder

We have a forum for grinders, ugotit...

So I moved this to there...

Comment

Originally posted by ugotitbad link=1190717346/0#0 date=1190717346
      what do you guys think of the "Azkoyen Capriccio Automatic Grinder"?. does anyone know much about it?
      Gday ugotitbad,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]......

Personally, if youre looking to spend this sort of money for a home grinder (supposing that is where it will be used), then there are many more desirable grinders to be had and much more suited to a kitchen/bar situation. As with everything though, it all comes down to personal taste once a certain quality echelon is reached and that may be the case with this grinder....

Cheers,
      Mal.

Comment

lol. I love these "pop" grinders....not really...more suited to boat anchors. They use these grinders in Michels espresso bars. Good for consistency, i.e. same dose every time (unless we get all technical and talk about grind size etc).

As a grinder I dont like it, a bit slow and cumbersome when youre gettin slammed....you gotta wait a while for it to grind enough for a double.

Comment

For me, that puts you in Compak K10 and Mazzer Robur territory and thats where Id be spending my money.....

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1190717346/0#2 date=1190724031
            Originally posted by ugotitbad link=1190717346/0#0 date=1190717346
            Gday ugotitbad,

Welcome to CoffeeSnobs [smiley=thumbsup.gif]......

Personally, if youre looking to spend this sort of money for a home grinder (supposing that is where it will be used), then there are many more desirable grinders to be had and much more suited to a kitchen/bar situation. As with everything though, it all comes down to personal taste once a certain quality echelon is reached and that may be the case with this grinder....

Cheers,
            Mal.
            its for a cafe doing about 30kgs a week.. is it designed for high volume?

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1190717346/0#3 date=1190725762
              lol. I love these "pop" grinders....not really...more suited to boat anchors. They use these grinders in Michels espresso bars. Good for consistency, i.e. same dose every time (unless we get all technical and talk about grind size etc).

As a grinder I dont like it, a bit slow and cumbersome when youre gettin slammed....you gotta wait a while for it to grind enough for a double.

Slighty a bit of beam their Wushoes. The Azkoyen Capriccio Grinders has 2 modes of operation:

1: Grind on demand - which is tedious and like other expensive grind on demand grinders like the Swift, Ditting KE30 etc no good in very busy enviroments.

2: Grinds one portion ahead - which allows for far more efficient operation and in busy enviroments the fact that it is grinding one portion in advance for instantaneous dropping means that "staling" is not an issue.

The Azkoyen Capriccio is expensive but in the category it plays in such as the Swift and Ditting/Mahlkonig - represents exceptional value for money.

Comment

I know...Ive used them before. Even grind on demand function is slow...coz youre still waiting for ages (eg. you need to load up 3 doubles for 3 large T/As). Ive only used a Swift once...so I cant make an informed decision...Mahlkonig will grind enough for a double in around 8 seconds. I use it at work everyday next to my Major.

Comment

As far as Im aware - the grind one portion ahead function - does keep up in very busy environments and I know these grinders are in some accounts doing 40 to 50kgs per week.

Comment

Working...
                  X