Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EM0480?

Hi everyone

On behalf of a couple of people at work who would like to buy a good inexpensive grinder, has anyone heard anything more about the rumoured new EM0480, particularly if and when it will be available.

thanks

Charley

Re: New EM0480?

What rumours have you heard??

Comment

I have noticed that they are relaunching their site in November.

www.cafeseries.com.au

The shower screen in the video looks different to the shower screen on my EM6910.

Could we see some new models coming out in November?

Billy B

Comment

Originally posted by MarcS link=1192752654/0#1 date=1192760454
        What rumours have you heard??
        Just what was mentioned in this forum a little while ago http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1188531532/3#3 and I guess the general feeling that with the freebie promotion a new version might be just around the corner.

Comment

Thats not the shower screen in the video, but the underside of the filter. Mesmerising to watch, tho.

Comment

Ive been told on good authority that Sunbeam are working on some KILLER stuff... thats ALL that was said to me.... So I guess we have to wait and see....

Comment

Originally posted by ajayro57 link=1192752654/0#4 date=1192767971
              Thats not the shower screen in the video, but the underside of the filter. Mesmerising to watch, tho.
              Yeah, my bad. I meant basket.

I hope they are going to offer naked portafilters. That would be a good bit of kit. It will be interesting to see what improvements Sunbeam make to the range. New features or just better reliability?

Billy B

Comment

Originally posted by billybolonski link=1192752654/0#6 date=1192770800
                New features or just better reliability?
                Probably both

Comment

Any speculation about what you you think they will add?

What would you like to see?

PID?
                  Naked Portafilter?
                  Steam Tip?

Billy B

Comment

Dryer steam
                    PID is already there.
                    Steam Tip - Absolutely!
                    Reduced noise.
                    Increased Temperature stability throughout the shot duration. At present, I think the straight espresso shot is a tad sour.

Stepless grinder adjustments, and a metal carrier hard pressed.. and less play in the shaft. Even a doser version??

Comment

Originally posted by MarcS link=1192752654/0#5 date=1192769277
                      Ive been told on good authority that Sunbeam are working on some KILLER stuff... thats ALL that was said to me.... So I guess we have to wait and see....
                      Is that "killer" as in good or bad? : Personally I cant see sunbeam producing anything of reasonable coffee snob value, lets face it their main objective is to build to a budget and thats just what you get........ Ray. 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by MarcS link=1192752654/0#9 date=1192775778
                        PID is already there.
                        Increased Temperature stability throughout the shot duration. At present, I think the straight espresso shot is a tad sour.
                        Dont think there is a PID. Just basic temperature settings.

But yes, I think some improved temp stability would definitely make this even better.

Billy B

Comment

Yes, basic temp adjustments can be made... This is sufficiant in my view.

Comment

Originally posted by billybolonski link=1192752654/0#8 date=1192775521
                            Any speculation about what you you think they will add?

What would you like to see?

PID?
                            Naked Portafilter?
                            Steam Tip?

Billy B
                            What Id like to see them do is a simple, high quality, bulletproof machine that will last 20 years. Kitchenaid/Dualit kind of quality. Basically a Silvia, but made with cheap Chinese labour.

I reckon theyd sell a truckload. But I doubt they will. Bling gets the punters in...

Comment

I agree with Ray C - Sunbeam will be working to what the mass market is perceived to want/need, which is not the same as what CSers desire.

Comment

Working...
                              X