Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about Isomac Grinders?

Hi All,

Newbie here. Im just getting serious about Espresso, and I will soon be the owner of a new Rancilio Silvia.   Initially, I was also planning pair it up with  a Rancilio Rocky Doserless ( I dont really need a doser), but my local retailer suggested that I purchase an Isomac Grinder (Macinino Prof Inox) instead. It would actually end up being around $175 cheaper. I was also advised that there is a shortage of Rocky doserless at the moment, with only some doser models left.

The problem is that I havent been able to find much information about Isomac grinders, expect for consumer review at http://coffeegeek.com/reviews/grinders/isomac_grinder and some details on the Isomac website.

I would be mainly be using the grider for espressos and percolated coffee. Im only really looking for options regarding this grinder and whether I should go for the Rocky Doserless.

Thanks,
    Mkov

Re: Information about Isomac Grinders?

Hi there Mkov,

welcome to Coffee Snobs.

Afraid your retailer is not full of the best information this week.

Given the choice there is no way I would buy either of the 2 Isomac grinders even at $175.00 cheaper than the Rocky. If you compare them side by side and maybe even grind some coffee with them, youll see what I mean. They are not in the same class.

Also, try the site sponsors here to the left of screen. Not everyone is out of them, I saw new doserless rockies in someones window a couple of days ago.

Goodluck in the hunt!

Comment

Re: Information about Isomac Grinders?

Not trying to butt in on a topic about something else, but we have plenty of rocky doser less if that helps.

Regardz,
      FC.

Comment

Working...
      X