No announcement yet.

Mazzer Super Short Hoppers (mini & SJ)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer Super Short Hoppers (mini & SJ)

Its been on the list for a while now, but Ive been meaning to stick a shorter hopper on my Super Jolly. As far as I know, the Mini hoppers fit on, that is, the throat size is the same. And these are the only ones that are interchangable. So you cant stick a mini or SJ hopper on a Kony, Robur etc, or vice versa, cos of the mounting collars.

I was going to put a standard Mini hopper on my SJ, but Id like to go even shorter and get the "Short mini hopper". That is, a shorter than the stock Mini hopper. And last time i checked they only sold them in the US. Has any of the site sponos thought of bringing a batch in. Im sure (especially with the flood of new mini and SJ owners) that there is a definite market for these.

Oh, and I dont want to cut any hoppers down. I know you can get bits of plastic cups and plumbers PVC pipe for the mod, but ideally Id love to have something that looked like it was meant to be.

If anyone has any other solutions, thatd be great too!

Peace in the Middle East,
    YeeZa

Re: Mazzer Super Jolly Short Hoppers

Originally posted by YeeZa link=1210132707/0#0 date=1210132707
    Its been on the list for a while now, but Ive been meaning to stick a shorter hopper on my Super Jolly. As far as I know, the Mini hoppers fit on, that is, the throat size is the same. And these are the only ones that are interchangable. So you cant stick a mini or SJ hopper on a Kony, Robur etc, or vice versa, cos of the mounting collars.

I was going to put a standard Mini hopper on my SJ, but Id like to go even shorter and get the "Short mini hopper". That is, a shorter than the stock Mini hopper. And last time i checked they only sold them in the US. Has any of the site sponos thought of bringing a batch in. Im sure (especially with the flood of new mini and SJ owners) that there is a definite market for these.

Oh, and I dont want to cut any hoppers down. I know you can get bits of plastic cups and plumbers PVC pipe for the mod, but ideally Id love to have something that looked like it was meant to be.

If anyone has any other solutions, thatd be great too!

Peace in the Middle East,
    YeeZa
    Hi YeeZa,

To this point, our importer has not been interested in bringing in the super short hopper. You are correct that it will fit the SJ or the mini...

Ill start a poll and gauge interest for a bulk buy...

regards

Chris

Comment

I think the new pics that Javaphile has just put up from his little toy trip has a pic of the Mini with the short hopper in the photo: http://coffeesnobs.com.au/attachment...f_DCP_2969.jpg in the Grinders from the SCAA meet.

You can see the original size hopper on the photo before that one on the Mini-es

Comment

Gday YeeZa,

I had similar ideas to you and searched all over the net trying to work out the easiest way to do it. I saw a picture of a SJ with a lovely stainless funnel for a hopper but when I went around all the kitchen shops in Wagga I couldnt find one anywhere so I went an exhaust shop and got a bit of stainless exhaust pipe to fit.
        It needded to be polished but would have done the job until I went to Albury and found a "Jam Funnel" which is a perfect fit. It is stainless and looks great, at the moment I am using saucer as a lid until I can find something nicer.
        Maybe there is someone that can source these for those of us who cant.
        Good luck,
        Thomas

Comment

You can buy said jam funnel from a kitchen ware website (best I not post the link here - Google is your friend) I am awaiting delivery.

That being said, I still want the Short Mini Hopper and am still awaiting stock from Chris. So, if a bulk buy does go ahead, perhaps we can all get it cheaper?

Will follow thread with interest.

Comment

Assuming it wont cost too much, Id be interested

Comment

Originally posted by MarcS link=1210132707/0#5 date=1210202255
              Thanks Marc,

If we can get them, well just cover costs rather than look for a return on this item.

Im more interested in just offering a service ;-)

Chris

Comment

Im down wit that fo sho.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk_Coffee link=1210132707/0#6 date=1210202642
                  Originally posted by MarcS link=1210132707/0#5 date=1210202255
                  Thanks Marc,

If we can get them, well just cover costs rather than look for a return on this item.

Im more interested in just offering a service ;-)

Chris
                  Champion :-)

Comment

If all goes ahead Chris, count me in too please.

Comment

So, by chance my minis hopper breaks, Im not able to replace it? Seems a bit silly to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Wine_of_the_Bean link=1210132707/0#10 date=1210227095
                        So, by chance my minis hopper breaks, Im not able to replace it?  Seems a bit silly to me.
                        :-? How so?? You just buy another hopper.

We are talking about the shorter US spec. hopper here as a special order....

Chris

Comment

Yeah, WOTB, theres the standard Mini hopper (which you have) in abundance; then theres the new SHORTER Mini hopper which isnt available here in Aus. Thats what I want.

Or alternatively you can buy a SJ hopper and plonk it on top of your Mini... just to mix it up haha.

Comment

Im interested but price is certainly a factor so some idea of the cost would be good.

Comment

I would be VERY interested in getting one or two of these.

I have SJs at home and at work, both would benefit from a reduction.

Comment

Working...
                              X