No announcement yet.

Sunbeam 0480 in Australia - Any Sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam 0480 in Australia - Any Sales?

Hi all,

Im new to this forum, and Im also from across the ditch. Were planning on purchasing a 6910 today, and I plan on buying an 0480, but theyre still quite expensive here.

My husbands heading across to Sydney next month so I figured I might see if there are any cheap 0480s on sale in Harvey Normans or similar? The cheapest one Ive found online here is $235NZD. Ive yet to go retail hunting.

Anyone know of any great deals going in Sydney? Or even Brissy too as I have a couple of friends heading that way for a holiday in a few weeks.

Thanks all

Caro

Re: Sunbeam 0480 in Australia - Any Sales?

Hi Caro

Ive been shopping around for a grinder and looking in some of the big Dept stores in Sydney CDB. They are having their end of financial year sales. From memory David Jones has this model at over AU$200 or so before 15% discount. Myers has it at around $188 so they arefairly close in price. I check Hardly Normals city store yesterday but only saw the 0450 grinder for around $150 - probably less. You might want to check Bing Lees - they are more amenable to negotiating a cheaper price. Tell em you traveled a long way to buy thier goods : ) Brissy would have similar prices in these department stores.

You had better configure exchange rate and the hassle for your hubby/ friends to cart it around.

Also check this site- $170 but I dont thuink they deliver to NZ
    http://www.factoryfast.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=63462&utm_source=shop bot.com.au&utm_medium=cpc

Comment

Thanks very much for that! Sounds like its about the same everywhere then I guess! We got a great deal on the 6910 too, ended up only paying $550NZD for it, being a floor model. Were certainly very happy with that, and makes buying a new grinder easier to stomach

Comment

Caro - check out the likes of Farmers when they have their sales, will often get 25% off all small appliances, and the EM0480 is in general a stocked range. I paid about $170 - 180 for mine from Harvey Norman. There isnt a long weekend coming up anytime soon, but Farmers have been on sale for months, so its probably likely you can find something there.

Comment

Ooh thanks Ill keep an eye out. I see briscoes are having another "sale", but no grinders caught my eye in the catalogue. I didnt even think of farmers at all! Ill go there this weekend!! Thanks Senator!

Comment

Briscoes used to have EM0450s very cheap, probably still do but Im no longer living there. The only difference btw that and the 0480 is the power switch and the outer finish.

Comment

howd you go Caro. Farmers have 30% off small appliances at the moment

Comment

OMG, talk about a stroke of luck...

We got a Sheridan Duvet Cover for a Christmas present last year, and it was the wrong size, so Id been meaning to take it in to Farmers and swap it. I finally did last week, and they said "oh sorry, we dont have any of that range left. Here, have a $250 farmers gift voucher instead".

So I said thanks! And do you by chance have any coffee grinders instock? particularly the sunbeam 0480?

Yes, right here, the last one in store infacct!

So it was before the sale, but I dont really care because we didnt really pay for it

Comment

Working...
                X