~ Grinders loudness level ~

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ~ Grinders loudness level ~

This comes to my mind just a few moments ago.
    Im researching for my first grinder, and it comes down to an EM0480, Iberital Challenge, or a Rocky;
    I suddenly realise that if I want a freshly ground coffee every morning,
    then I have to consider the loudness level as well, as I have housemates still
    sleeping at 6am. Obviously the quieter it is, the better.

So is there a comparison list of each grinder loudness level? (dB)

Does your grinder wake the morning sleepers in your house?  ;D

Re: ~ Grinders loudness level ~

All grinders have a loud sound some more than others
    But I find that as with music it all depends on the echo effect in the room

If the room has many soft furnishings most of the sound will be absorbed
    before the sound reaches the bedrooms

KK

Comment

I have heard that the challenge is very very loud. The em0480 isnt too bad sound wise but I would rate that as the last option to buy as it isnt that great at a consistent grind for espresso.
      I personally would run with the rocky. You wont be disappointed.

Comment

Stuff the others in the house haha, the Rocky kills those others.... it probably isnt the loudest one there though.

Comment

Compak K6 Silenzio - would have to one of the quietest grinders around.

Comment

Originally posted by Christretto link=1215779787/0#2 date=1215780814
            I have heard that the challenge is very very loud. The em0480 isnt too bad sound wise but I would rate that as the last option to buy as it isnt that great at a consistent grind for espresso.
            I personally would run with the rocky. You wont be disappointed.
            Yes. It is. Maybe it doesnt help that I live in an apartment.

Comment

cant speak for the em0480 but have had both the iberital challenge and now a rocky and the rocky is quieter by far.

both good grinders btw...

Comment

I have a EM450 and a Rocky, the Sunbeam is the noisier of the two, I use the Sunbeam in my garage for 5am grinds and keep Rocky in the house for regular hours.
                The Rocky is quieter than the Sunbeam but still makes a fair amount of noise, you will just have to take the housemates a steaming latte to keep them happy on early mornings!
                Rocky is head and shoulders over the Sunbeam for grind quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1215779787/0#1 date=1215780302

KK
                  My grinder isnt loud....so your blanket statement is incorrect :P

Comment

Originally posted by Wushoes - David S link=1215779787/0#8 date=1216983358
                    Originally posted by Koffee Kosmo link=1215779787/0#1 date=1215780302

KK
                    My grinder isnt loud....so your blanket statement is incorrect  :P
                    Well that and for any amount of coffee in a domestic situation yours only has to be on for a couple of seconds :P

Comment

The rocky will wake up my wife and daughter, but sound travels through our house easily.

Comment

Im with David.
                        My Macap is not loud.

My EM0450 and MDF are.

Comment

Among Rocky, Compak K3 Touch and Mazzer Mini - which one is the quietest?

Comment

The Rocky and my Super Jolly are about the same level I think with the SJ having a more pleasant sound - its probably just a little quieter too, but both are not loud (but its a nebulous term at best). Both of these grinders are nowhere near as loud as an EM6910 brewing, or the little diamond grinder Iscaso I had here a while back - that little baby is like a little turbine!

In the end I reckon that if your after a combination of fairly quiet operation and a good quality grind at home (for the money) the Rocky would be hard to go past...oh and you will have it forever!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by afton link=1215779787/0#12 date=1217002353
                              Among Rocky, Compak K3 Touch and Mazzer Mini - which one is the quietest?
                              As far as quality of grind goes (which is what you should be looking for), the Mazzer mini is easily the pick of that bunch, the difference in level of noise is negligible. Either way, unless you bust out the hand grinder, then youre not gonna be quiet either way. The Mazzer is probably the quietest in that bunch too. Thats just my opinion. You also have them in ascending order in which one Id take first, on a side .

Comment

Working...
                              X