Compak K10 WBC mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak K10 WBC mod

Just received my K10 WBC from Talkcoffee (thanks Chris) and its awesome. Well, havent turned it on yet, but it looks awesome.

This is the updated version which comes with the metal fork and the doser cover is different as well.

Anyway, being the WBC version, it doesnt have the auto cutoff but I realised that the pastic bit for the auto cutoff is still there. So a few screws later, I took it off and I now have full access to the doser to make sure that I can clean it out as good as I can. It also gives me access to the infamous "keeps stale grind in there" chute so I can clean that out at the end of the day as well.

Heres a picture of it with the plastic bit still attached

Re: Compak K10 WBC mod

And without

Comment

My K10 used to look like that stock when it came from Diamond C....but I actually prefer the look of it with the auto cut of hood on.

Comment

But doesnt it just get in the way? I prefer the clean look and I find it more practical without it.

Comment

The grinder looks very unfinished when you take it off....anyway...well see when I get my new one.

Comment

Looks OK to me E-Gene.....

I guess if you dont love the way it looks one could always leave the Doser Lid on until its time for a clean and scrub? :-?

Mal.

Comment

+ 1 vote for off.

Any chance you could take and post some general pictures of the grinder? I havent seen the new configuration in person yet.

I always find user photos more realistic than publicity shots from companies.

Comment

I just received my new grinder today. Found it sitting in the tech dept room at work. New features of the K10 WBC:
                • New doser lid and plastic collar with bean scale...heaps more aesthetically pleasing
                • Free floating burr carrier (not sure how this is achieved...have not looked yet). The old carrier used a locking pin to hold the grind setting.
                • Replaced plastic dosing fork with metal dosing fork (THE BEST MODIFICATION EVER!)
                • Rotary switch....so so...I liked the old switch...trying to become too much like a Mazzer.
                • New hopper design (internal china mans hat is smaller)...smart....I always had a few beans stuck on top of this part when I run the hopper out of coffee
                • New WBC logo design on back of grinder. In Blue and Yellow. I preferred the old white monochrome logo.
                • New hopper locking pin design. I dont get this one at all...hard to explain but the old one was a one piece construction. The new one is a 2 piece construction. You have to unscrew the locking pin, which in fact is not the locking pin but an shield (if you can call it that) to access an inner screw which then will turn the locking pin....WTF? So you need a screwdriver to use the locking pin? Stupid and pointless, I never locked my hopper in anyway.
                • Spare bean scale collar....not sure why??

All in all...excellent modifications and additions by Compak from the previous generation.

What I find really interesting though, is that, the grinders won by each state barista champion, although look exactly the same as mine, do not have the new free floating burr carrier (i.e. require the burr carrier to be locked with a pin) and no not have the new stupid locking pin for the hopper.

What gives? Theyre the same generation are they not....

Comment

Hi David, can you post some pictures at some stage?

Cheers CB

Comment

As requested

Comment

Doser

Comment

The new logo

Comment

Further detail http://www.compak.es/en/productos/020103.htm

Comment

I too am wondering what the spare bean scale collar is for?

Comment

well id assume in case of breakage. Its all about the little things

Comment

Working...
                              X