Spout extension for Sunbeam 0480 grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spout extension for Sunbeam 0480 grinder

Last week I emailed Sunbeam with some feedback about my 0480 which Ive had for about a month.
    I mentioned the apparent static electricity build up that seems to be part of the cause for grounds clumping in the spout.

I also mentioned how I believe the spout needs to be at a steeper angle so the grounds dont overshoot the PF and make more of a mess than is necessary.

A nice lady by the name of Poppy replied to my email the following day and informed me that Sunbeam would send me a spout extension that would help direct the ground directly into the PF.

It arrived in the post today and Im happy to say it works a treat!

Re: Spout extension for Sunbeam 0480 grinder

Here is what a few of us have had for some time... Same job, but maybe not as clean looking.

Comment

Cool!!

I reckon someone from Sunbeam has copied your idea ;D

Comment

Gday gronk62,

Any chance of reducing those images down to a max. of 640 x 480 pixels (W x H) mate. Images bigger than this can be be a little difficult to view properly in some monitors....

Thanks mate,
        Mal.

Comment

Why do I have the feeling Sunbeam are about to get a lot of sudden complaints of overshooting grinds . Good pick up gronk62

Comment

why am I suddenly recalling Gonzo of the muppets?

Comment

Originally posted by Mal link=1217234963/0#3 date=1217253899
              Gday gronk62,

Any chance of reducing those images down to a max. of 640 x 480 pixels (W x H) mate. Images bigger than this can be be a little difficult to view properly in some monitors....

Thanks mate,
              Mal.
              Gday Mal,

Yes I can reduce them. Its just that all other websites I post on use 800 X 600 so thats the standard size I have my Photobucket account set to resize images.

Ok its done

Comment

thanks for that, I just sent my request in, just have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

Whoa! that was quick, I just got a response from Sunbeam, they are sending me one

thanks to Poppy at sunbeam!!

Comment

thanks for the info gronk. I have called sunbeam and a very helpful man has now sent me out one also. He said that they were a promo item being given away(???) at cafe biz to see if they should put them on updated models. He said there were a couple of piles of them around also.

Comment

Great outcome! Glad yas are all gettin looked after.

Comment

Originally posted by gronk62 link=1217234963/0#6 date=1217301164
                        Gday Mal,

Yes I can reduce them. Its just that all other websites I post on use 800 X 600 so thats the standard size I have my Photobucket account set to resize images.  
                        Thanks mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Probably has to do with the type of board and the layout used I guess.... Anyway g62, all the best mate and thanks again for your help,

Cheers ,
                        Mal.

Comment

I ordered one of these as well thanks for the tip!

Just a quick question off topic how often do people clean their grinders? I cant believe how much grinds are left in the collar and chute! With everyone being so anal about cleanliness how can you justify not pulling apart this thing after each grind and cleaning it spotless?

I was told that pulling a single shot is enough to flush out the stale beans but I struggle to think this is standard practice amongst all coffee snobs surely!!

Thanks

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhc link=1217234963/0#12 date=1217333773

Just a quick question off topic how often do people clean their grinders? I cant believe how much grinds are left in the collar and chute! With everyone being so anal about cleanliness how can you justify not pulling apart this thing after each grind and cleaning it spotless?

I was told that pulling a single shot is enough to flush out the stale beans but I struggle to think this is standard practice amongst all coffee snobs surely!!

Thanks

Dan
                            Im no coffee "snob" and my first cup in the morning only need to give me a serious caffiene hit. Not overly concerned about freshness and flavour as long as it give me a kick start for the day.
                            This first cup flushes out any (most) leftover grounds from the previous day so the next cup tastes a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by dannyhc link=1217234963/0#12 date=1217333773

Thanks

Dan
                              Thats one of the reasons I dont use my Sunbeam grinder any more.

Comment

Working...
                              X