Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! - Iberital Dosing Problem

Hi CS,

IN the last week my Iberital Challenge (dosing model).

Basically what has been happening is when I try to "dose" by pulling the lever the internal chambers (there are 5 of them) move and the coffee grinds get released BUT when the lever returns back to the orriginal position the chambers are moving back together with it. What it normally does is it "clicks" so we can move again onto the next chamber, but with this problem i can only get grinds from the one chamber.

Ive got a picture of underneath the doser here: http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?i...rinder2ai0.jpg

When I pull the LEVER to the end position the LATCH moves from position A to B. This is all good. Now when the lever goes back to its start position the latch pulls the spindal from B back to A so we are back where we started and I cant progress to the next chamber.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed or should i take it back to where i bought it from (in Balaclava)

I have a short movie of the problem also here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/klkrd3 in the movie there are 2 doses, the first one you can see the problem, the second one it actually works because I have to manually correct the chambers from the top.

Many thanks for your help suggestions!

Re: HELP! - Iberital Dosing Problem

other grinder photos ive got here but they arent really useful
    http://picasaweb.google.com/nickspicsweb/Grinder

Comment

Try pulling it apart and giving it a clean

In the picture there does not seem to be any problem with the mechanism
      However it may be grinds of coffee stuck under the veins inside the doser

KK

Comment

thanks for the tip, ill give it a go taking it apart totally and then cleaning it. I honestly cant work out how it ever worked as when the latch needs to retreat when the dosing lever goes back it seems to drag the main cog back.

Comment

A small metal bit has broken off. Its from the first pic you have in your 2nd link. Its the part you labelled doser lever with the arrow. Its not a doser lever, its a small metal bar that holds the gear cog like thing from sliding back. You can see in your photo it has sheered right off.

Actually, heres where it broke off, I marked it up for you.

I know as I had the same problem with it when I use to own one. I bought it from the same store in Baclava and it took over a week for them to fix it under warranty as they had to send it back to the supplier.

So return it if its still under warranty. If not, just order it in and replace it your self. Good luck mate.

Javabeen.

Comment

Thanks javabean for your help. My initial picture was misleading (i couldnt work out how to embed the image in the post but thats a side issue). What I should have shown in my picture is the arrow pointing to where the lever starts (ie the start of the red doser lever arrow) and where it should end up at the arrow head. Thanks anyway ill give the guys in balaclava a call, it might be safer to get them to repair it. Im seriously considering changing to a Rocky though.

Silly me i do recall when taking it apart a thin bit of metal came out, as i couldnt work out where it was from it didnt register that it was the missing link!!!

cheers,
            Nick

Comment

Youre welcome. Good luck with it, its a great little grinder.

As for upgrading it, I wouldnt bother till you have your technique and taste buds worthy of it. It offers infinite grind adjustment over the rocky.

Happy brewing.

Javabeen.

Comment

Working...
              X