Grinders Less then $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grinders Less then $200

Anyone can suggest me a good grinder i can get for less then $200? Was thinking to get the Sun Beam 0450 or a De Longhi k100.

Thanks
    Nick

Re: Grinders Less then $200

Dont know anything about the sun-bean, but please dont go with the de-lonnnnnngggggi if you are going to use it with an espresso machine.

Ive reviewed a few in the very low price brackets and some in slightly higher price brackets and at that price level it is hard to get something that works OK for espresso and that will continue to do so. This is the operative phrase....."continue to do so". They are usually always substandard in the adjustment department.

Essentially there is nothing "good" down there for esp. however we are currently reviewing one that we think may do the job. For how long I cant say......but it seems to be better designed than all others weve looked at so far in the area of the adjuster mechanism.

Contact me off list in a couple of days by which time I will have brought a new one up from the workshop (where we are checking build quality) and had it sitting next to our machine in the lunchroom for myself & staff to use and comment.

If it works out it will probably be somewhere around $135.00 with delivery included as long as you are in NSW/ACT/Vic/QLD and more if elsewhere. Maybe I will let u have the test model for less if it works out ok........it will only have been used by us / me for a short time for assessment.

Just remember, u gets wot u pay 4!

Regardz,
    Attilio
    first / original CS site sponsor.

Comment

Thanks for the useful info, i will be using the aeropress to make an expresso, no machine for now as im still new to the whole coffee scene.

So in the meantime, i just need a good grinder to go with the aeropress and maybe later on i might be able to use it again when i buy a presso.

Cheers
      Nick

Comment

Manual grinder?

Comment

depends on the cost, any suggestion?

Comment

at $200 you should be able to get a em0480. Especially with the rubber thingy on the spout, a very good grinder for the price.

Comment

My advice FWIW, save your $$ and then buy a grinder you can keep rather than an appliance which will ultimately fail or need to be upgraded.

Keep your eyes peeled in the hardware for sale thread for a Rocky or something like Myrtles Compak K3E which was an absolute steal.

Also, sponsors sometimes have demo grinders and/or special offers which will deliver quality at prices which are more than fair.

Enjoy your journey...

Chris

Comment

actually in the for sale section, theres also timos Cunil Space.. If i hadnt just got my compak i wouldve grabbed this. it looks even better up close than it does in the photo and I can certainly vouch for how well Tim looks after his equipment.

Comment

Originally posted by raphec link=1220871846/0#7 date=1220913306
                  actually in the for sale section, theres also timos Cunil Space.. If i hadnt just got my compak i wouldve grabbed this. it looks even better up close than it does in the photo and I can certainly vouch for how well Tim looks after his equipment.
                  http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1220157614

At that price, Im very surprised its still there - serious piece of gear. In a decision between that and a Sunbeam - no contest. No need to upgrade in 12-24 months (very big on the bench, though).

Comment

Originally posted by GregJW link=1220871846/0#8 date=1220915276
                    Originally posted by raphec link=1220871846/0#7 date=1220913306
                    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1220157614

At that price, Im very surprised its still there - serious piece of gear. In a decision between that and a Sunbeam - no contest. No need to upgrade in 12-24 months (very big on the bench, though).
                    That looks like an awesome grinder to have and no doubt it will give a nice grind, however, the space in the kitchen is very limited.. hence i have an aeropress.. i need something small enough so that i can put it in storage after i use it.. but thanks for the suggestion!

well at the moment im thinking to get a new sunbeam 0480 which i can get for $180, but i guess the question is, what is the best grinder to use with the aeropress or the presso...

Cheers
                    Nick

Comment

Originally posted by MrCoffee link=1220871846/0#9 date=1220954294
                      but i guess the question is, what is the best grinder to use with the aeropress or the presso...

Cheers
                      Nick
                      Hi Nick

Had a customer ask me a similar question yesterday, "Will the quality of the grinder make a difference when using an aeropress?" My answer was that the quality of a grinder will make a difference no matter what method used to brew coffee.

So, I would suggest to you that the answer to your question is probably, "the best one you can afford".

Cheers

Comment

what about the little isomac, its $260 I think. coffeeparts has them

Comment

Hi Guys, Thanks for your input but i decided to get the sunbeam 0450 instead. No problem so far! except for the static it produced . Setting is on 12 for the aeropress.

Comment

Originally posted by MrCoffee link=1220871846/0#12 date=1221276060
                            Hi Guys, Thanks for your input but i decided to get the sunbeam 0450 instead. No problem so far! except for the static it produced . Setting is on 12 for the aeropress.
                            Get the plastic / Silicon snout from Sunbeam and then grind into a tin or you PF... Static is almost Nil.

Comment

Working...
                            X