DeLonghi grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeLonghi grinder

the other day i bought a Delonghi coffee grinder (a burr one) seens to be going good but was wondrig hat setting othrs find good and is there anyting spechal i need to know about them?

btw, im an oldie for coffeesnobs but this is a new account dont know what happened to my other

Re: DeLonghi grinder

probs in the wrong spot, sorry

Comment

Probably is...

Comment

But not any more..

Comment

thanks for the move i should have known better.. no reply? probs a good thing

Comment

Best thing to do with the Delonghi is wait until it is out of warranty then open it up and adjust the baldes so they grind fine enough for espresso.
            If you are using it for filter or stove top then it shouldnt be a problem.

The factory settings on these grinders seem to vary slightly so I cant reccommend specifically where to set it for what. But if its as fine as it will go an you have some gushing issues then you could try a darker roast bean (which is more brittle and grinds finer) or do some double tamping and collapsing (compacting as I call it). You need to create a resistance with the coffee grians so the water flows through the individual grains and not around them.

Hope this helps and make sure you turn the grinder of at the wall before you do any thing with it. If you type in Delonghi/Solis adjustment into google or the new Coffee Snobs tool bar you will probably get some results on the adjustment technique.

James

Comment

I have the De Longhi and I have done the mod.

Even with the mod,  I have not, ever, moved the grinder adjustment from its finest setting.

As mentioned above it is ok for moca but the frustrating thing is that you really dont have much flexability to play with the grind setting because it is corse as it is.

Sorry about that.

I have been patient for the last two years and with any luck I will take delivery of my new Super Jolly on the weekend.

Ciao

Comment

Nice one Carmine, you will be in coffee heaven once your SJ is up and running. Enjoy!!
                gm

Comment

Originally posted by 352037373C3F333C520 link=1235540780/7#7 date=1240913996
                  Nice one Carmine, you will be in coffee heaven once your SJ is up and running. Enjoy!!
                  gm
                  Thanks Greenman
                  I can hardly wait, I have been doing a bit more intensive reading about how to best mod them but most of the posts seem relate to the Mini. Do you know if the doser is the same and the mods can be applied to the SJ?

Comment

Originally posted by 476576696D6A61040 link=1235540780/8#8 date=1240987056
                    Originally posted by 352037373C3F333C520 link=1235540780/7#7 date=1240913996
                    gm
                    Thanks Greenman
                    I can hardly wait, I have been doing a bit more intensive reading about how to best mod them but most of the posts seem relate to the Mini. Do you know if the doser is the same and the mods can be applied to the SJ?
                    I havent done my mini yet but runfast did his super jolly and said it works a treat so you shouldnt have any dramas there!

Comment

Working...
                    X