click clack lid for Rocky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• click clack lid for Rocky

Hey guys trying to find info about a Click clack lid for a Rocky. excuse my ignorance, Im a newbie!! What does it do?? :P :P

thanks guys

Re: click clack lid for Rocky

Provides a better seal and allows you to pump out the bean hopper, as the lid is deep and has seals.

Thus by grabbing the lid and pumping up and down, you can flush all the ground coffee out and much easer that using a brush..

Got to fine one that suits the SB EM0480 as well.

PS. Kmart have them... The contained can then have the Rocky lid fitted and you still have a something useful.

Comment

so am I right the click clack lid is from a normal container brought in Kmart that just has a better seal? will my Rocky lid fit the container, this is how I find the right container?
      thanks ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 4E4E4E404C45454646230 link=1237606910/2#2 date=1237631590
        so am I right the click clack lid is from a normal container brought in Kmart that just has a better seal? will my Rocky lid fit the container, this is how I find the right container?
        thanks ;D
        It is a Click Clack container Item number 371027 Fresh Stacks 0.6L..

Lots on the web... Plenty in the Supermarkets.. You just have to do the real work...

Note: for a small fee, I am happy to provide ;D

Comment

Went to Kmart on the weekend... All the 0.6L were sold out... Must have been a local rush on @ Toombul shopping centre

I also made another mod to my Rocky...

On occasions my beans seem to get stuck and I have to take the lid off and stir the beans up a bit...

1: 3 x 3BA screws 6mm longer than the standard screws
          2: 3 x 6mm stand offs

Remove the three legged bean deflector and then add in the three standoff and then replace the deflector and use teh longer screws...

All seems to be good now.

Comment

Originally posted by 654A43415669454A45434149414A50240 link=1237606910/4#4 date=1237810877
            1: 3 x 3BA screws 6mm longer than the standard screws
            Hello, I thought the screws were M4 threads?

Andrew.

Comment

Originally posted by 6F40494B5C634F404F494B434B405A2E0 link=1237606910/1#1 date=1237607424
              Provides a better seal and allows you to pump out the bean hopper, as the lid is deep and has seals.

Thus by grabbing the lid and pumping up and down, you can flush all the ground coffee out and much easier that using a brush..
              I bought one from Kmart yesterday ($5.50) and tried it on my LUCY. The bean hopper must be slightly different from the Rocky as the lid is a loose fit and doesnt really pump the grinds out.

I might have to make something up myself to do the job.

Andrew.

Comment

I have found that I can pump air with the standard lid on my Macap and MDF.

This is not possible with all grinders; it depends on the fit of the lid.

Comment

It is also possible on my Isomac Granmacinino, with its standard lid.

Comment

Click clack lid for Rocky - can not find

Hi,

I have owned my Rocky for years and have decided to finally mod her.

Trouble is I can not find the CLICK CLACK brand. Have rung HSW, Kmart and Big W :-/.

Is there another brand people are using now? If so what brand and model number container, and where can I buy it.

Thanks in advance

Comment

I'm also looking for the click clack mod, I bought one from big w recently that was too loose. They didn't have the exact model stated here

Comment

What I did when I looked for a lid is take the Rocky lid with me to try it on the container that had the lid. The Rocky lid should be very tight fit to the click clack container. Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi guys with these lids what is your process? Do you pump with one hand and hold the grind switch with the other leaving the portafilter on the base of grinder?

Can I still expect to find these in Kmart and like?

Comment

I tried Big W and they only had a $20 set of the cube clickclacks. None in Target, KMart, or Woolies. There doesn't seem to be any online way to order them. These containers are a bit pricey and I'm guessing that's why so few stores carry them.

Comment

Working...
                            X