Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anfim Super Lusso

Hi All,

I have recently acquired an Anfim Super Lusso grinder from a well known place . For £ 30 I thought it was worth investing

The grinder is a beast sporting 0.6 Hp (450 Wats) and 75 mm flat burrs. It is also well known for its good distribution.

Below you wil find several pictures showing the progress of cleaning.

That was before I started although I had already removed tons of giunk before I took the picture.

And this one is after the cleaning:

The burrs looked Ok to me but I have to admit, I do not have any experience with grinders/burrs so it is difficult for me to judge.

Looking at pictures (if that were possble) can you let me know whether the burrs look OK?

Upper one:

Bottom one:

It grinds consistently. I choke the machine at the 5.5 scale. Zero is at 1.5.

Is there any way to determine whether the burrs need replacement? In the long term I have decided to go for it (in six months time may be) but if necessary I might bite the bullet now.

I wish to thank you in advance for your help!

Cheers,
    John
    PS For higher resolution image, once you open the image in the post click one more timein the Image Shack to get a larger image.

PPS I have opened another thread here:
    http://www.toomuchcoffee.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=7667&post days=0&postorder=asc

but as it is members only area some of you might not have access. Another thing is it looks as Anfims grinders are not very popular for home use (too big=ish?)

Re: Anfim Super Lusso

Hiya John,

Another good acquisition there mate. Should do an excellent job when paired with the Bezz (nice slow rotation speed). Those burrs look to be almost pristine too mate so I wouldnt worry about them at all. Just dial her in and enjoy the brews.... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 4A67636F620E0 link=1238672704/1#1 date=1238675226
      Hiya John,

Another good acquisition there mate. Should do an excellent job when paired with the Bezz (nice slow rotation speed). Those burrs look to be almost pristine too mate so I wouldnt worry about them at all. Just dial her in and enjoy the brews.... 8-)

Mal.
      Hi Mal,

Yes, that was my feeling too

I like your conclusion on the burrs. Someone suggested that they have to be knife sharp to be really up to the task. These are not knife sharp definitely but so far it has been very consistent grind.

I will wait a bit before I invest some bucks in grinders (I think I ddi a bit of investemtn recently (Gene Cafe, Bezzera and parts for it, the grinder, 20 kg green beans) so I will have a little spending holiday.

Tonight I am installing a container on the wall above my Bezzera. I hope the pump is not leaky so it should be OK but I will keep checking for large air pockets (I hope small bubbles should not be a problem?).

Cheers mate! Enjoy Sunday!

John

Comment

The method of checking grind plates usually quoted on forums is to scrape the edge of your fingernail across the cutting edges, they should want to bite in so to speak, I would suggest trying it across the entire surface of both plates.
        My own thoughts on recommissioning a ex commercial for home use is to factor in the cost of new plates at time of purchase and fit them. I also think its wise to go for genuine plates, after market would also be fine if they are exactly the same and not a generic knock off.
        Nice pick up BTW

Comment

Originally posted by 3B242E3F222C20283F4D0 link=1238672704/3#3 date=1238884651
          The method of checking grind plates usually quoted on forums is to scrape the edge of your fingernail across the cutting edges, they should want to bite in so to speak, I would suggest trying it across the entire surface of both plates.
          My own thoughts on recommissioning a ex commercial for home use is to factor in the cost of new plates at time of purchase and fit them. I also think its wise to go for genuine plates, after market would also be fine if they are exactly the same and not a generic knock off.
          Nice pick up BTW  

Thanks Vicroamer!

I will try it at the end of the week, when the long holiday starts.

I have been meaning to replace the burrs but my car is due to MOT and today I have just invested enough to buy half a dozen pairs of burrs into car tyres  

This is why thhis is going to happen in a month from now.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Yep,

Second "vrs" recommendation for original OEM Burr-plates when the time comes. After market generic types dont seem to be made from anything like the same quality steel but I guess thats reflected in the price you pay for them.... :

Mal.

Comment

Hi Mal,

Lookign t your signature I can see someone has got something new and shiny!!! ;D ;D ;D ;

Congrats on the new machine, I guess you have written up your experience in a review (I am going to check the Machines section).

Do you know if the Super Lusso can take the titanium burrs for the Super Caimano?

I was wondering if I am going to change the burrs I might go for the full monthy as well.

Cheers,
              Jordan

Comment

According to http://www.anfim.net they have the same size burrs and the same power motors and by comparing the pic of your burrs with the Tit. Super Caimano burrs at http://www.espressoparts.com/product..._43_x_9mm.html Id say there is a pretty good chance they would just pop in. You should, however, check with the local importer or Anfim directly. You dont wont to waste your money after all.

Comment

Working...
                X