Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me I.D this grinder?

Hey all,

I have this grinder I use with my Silvia, its an older 2nd hand one I brought off TradeMe auction site in NZ. It works fine and everything.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about it? What year wat it made etc? Has anyone used one? It has steps, so I was also wondering if the grind has smaller steps then other grinders say the Rocky? Has this grinder had ok reviews?

Thanks for any help :-)

Re: Please help me I.D this grinder?

I believe it was made by a company called DRM, which appears to have been absorbed into the Cimbali brand some years ago

KK

Comment

Picture number 2 saysit all This grinder is Carimali. enclose there website.

http://www.carimali.com/interna2.aspx?lingua=EN&id_product=15

Looks like the hopper, blades are the same of the Bezzera BB004.

Good luck

Regards

Renzo
      Di Bartoli Home Barista Centre

Comment

Definately not a DRM or a La Cimbali KK I think your dislexia is showing

Can you only move the collar a whole number between steps?

It looks like the collar is most likely attached to the upper burr carrier in which case depending on the thread pitch it may be a fairly course adjustment which may make for a reason to mod it to become a stepless collar for finer adjustment.

Comment

As the complaince plate says its a G1 Carimali that was manufactured in 2001, my guess is that its a G1 Carimali manufactured in 2001.

How good it is would depend on its current condition.

Comment

Originally posted by 5156525D555F4A5A5D54330 link=1241148136/3#3 date=1241150503
            It looks like the collar is most likely attached to the upper burr carrier in which case depending on the thread pitch it may be a fairly course adjustment which may make for a reason to mod it to become a stepless collar for finer adjustment.
            The thread pitch on these is very, very fine and the step adjustment index is less than 3mm so fine adjustment is a piece of cake... 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 072A2E222F430 link=1241148136/5#5 date=1241161811
              Originally posted by 5156525D555F4A5A5D54330 link=1241148136/3#3 date=1241150503
              The thread pitch on these is very, very fine and the step adjustment index is less than 3mm so fine adjustment is a piece of cake... 8-)

Mal.
              Thanks all for your replys. Iv had a small play around with the grind, it seems pretty fine and small steps, though takes a bit for the grind to change, even if you clear out the shoot.

Opps I didnt read the back of the grinder very well, I see the photo label and the G1 bit now lol.

Comment

go to this link for the leaflet and technical data for this grinder.

http://www.carimali.com/interna2.asp...&id_product=17

this is on the website that renzo referred you to.

Comment

Originally posted by 10313A3A3D27540 link=1241148136/4#4 date=1241151287
                  As the complaince plate says its a G1 Carimali that was manufactured in 2001, my guess is that its a G1 Carimali manufactured in 2001.
                  Just looking through the older threads and found this... simply hilarious! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

it was not that long ago

Comment

Working...
                    X