Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which would you buy... A Cunill Tranquillo or a Nemox Cafe Lux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which would you buy... A Cunill Tranquillo or a Nemox Cafe Lux?

Just as the subject suggests...

Short and sharp will do

Re: Which would you buy... A Cunill Tranquillo or a Nemox Cafe Lux?

search, has been brought up many times.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1097573677

Comment

erm...neither :-?

Comment

why do you say neither 2muchcoffeeman?

If you only have say $300 to spend you would still not got either?

Comment

I compared my Cunill Tranquillo to a friends Lux with both my Botticelli and a Silvia. The difference was chalk and cheese in favour of the Cunill. Same between the Cunill and my Rocky- still in favour of the Cunill.
          Not perfect but good for home usage
          Brett

Comment

2mcm means like most would say, keep an eye out for a good used grinder in the for sale section. last much better and put out better coffees for longer (well decent grinds to help with coffees)

Comment

Originally posted by 2D2128282B2B113D20212C4E0 link=1243825629/5#5 date=1243853755
              2mcm means like most would say, keep an eye out for a good used grinder in the for sale section. last much better and put out better coffees for longer (well decent grinds to help with coffees)
              Well putt Azz... I reckon Rocky is a better pickup...and then mod away

Comment

Thanks for all the input, it is much appreciated.

I am getting mixed responses, which is consistent with the reading I have done...
                Azz, ur saying that those two arent "good" grinders?
                Most reviews/ write ups on the Tranquillo seem to be that it is quite a "good" grinder in that sub $500 price range.

Some ppl think the Cunill Tranquillo is just as good if not better then the Rocky... It is also like $200 cheaper, as I can get a Tranquillo for $230.

Thanks again for the input.

Comment

Hi Warwick, personally, I would generally select a budget for a grinder and then go and find one that matches, grinders are definitely a get what you pay for item, I do realise of course thats how you could have gotten to your original question!

I have a Lux and quite enjoyed using it, but my Rocky blew it out of the water. I havent used a Cunhill though to compare against it.

Comment

Hi Warwick, with the grinder being the most crucial part of good espresso if you can stretch the budget go for the best grinder you can afford, keep an eye in the equipment for sale column some good buys appear regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by 4F465D444F424A270 link=1243825629/8#8 date=1243921128
                      I do realise of course thats how you could have gotten to your original question!
                      Spot on there Hazchem!
                      From what I can gather, obtaining a Cunill for around the $230 mark is a pretty good buy with some members even saying that they are better then a rocky which is $200 more...

Greenman- I check out the "hardware for sale" section everyday

Cheers

Comment

Go a Kyocera hand grinder and build up your arm muscles while you wait for the Solis to get up to Temp Then wait until a better second hand electric one comes along. When you go away you can still take good beans along

Apart from that the Cunhill at $230 is good value and still keep saving for that better grinder :

Comment

Another vote for the Cunill from me.... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I used a Lux for a couple of years but always had problems locating the correct grind size.... The step changes are just too large and it is quite slow as well. I eventually bought a Rocky and the improvement of quality in the cup was immediate. Given that the Cunill is not that dissimilar to a Rocky in broad terms and is basically a trimmed down commercial grinder in the same vein as the Rocky, its a no-brainer in the end.... :

The problem with Lux grinders and the huge step changes is not a problem where they are fitted into the various Imat/Quaha/Nemox combo machines though, as these use a micrometrical adjustment system and as a result, they work just fine.... Still a little slow though :P

Mal.

Comment

Thanks Mal...

Was pretty much what I was thinking... after a slow start to the thread I am now happy enopugh to go thru with the Cunill purchase...

Thanks again for the positive feedback

Cheers,
                            Ben

Comment

good luck with it all and happy coffee drinking

Comment

Working...
                              X