EM0480 Hopper Fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM0480 Hopper Fault?

When I remove the hopper beans fall out the bottom.

I notice that one of the plastic closures is spring mounted and the other seems to be free. The free one doesnt close.

Is this normal or is it a fault :

Cheers,

Re: EM0480 Hopper Fault?

mine does it too sometimes

Comment

Yeh mines done it plenty.

Give it a good tap, maybe poke around inside there. Only takes a little bit of bean to jam it up! Nothing major.

Comment

No amount of shaking or poking made any difference - the spring seems to be disconnected.

I just checked one out at a store. BOTH shutters are spring loaded - so mines a dud >

Ive arranged for Sunbeam to replace it under warranty.

Dont let them get away with it - chase em up for a replacement

Comment

Originally posted by 4D6A6C6B661F0 link=1244501131/3#3 date=1244519658
          Nice work. That reminds me, i need to call them about the coating on my steam knob bubbling off!

Comment

Originally posted by 416660676A130 link=1244501131/3#3 date=1244519658
            No amount of shaking or poking made any difference - the spring seems to be disconnected.

I just checked one out at a store.  BOTH shutters are spring loaded - so mines a dud  >

Dont let them get away with it - chase em up for a replacement  
            Hey Rusty that is interesting - only one door on my hopper is sprung as well.......the other one does close with a tap but definitely is not on a spring.

I have always wondered why. Thought they were all like that...

Man, their QA is odd sometimes  

Comment

I would suggest this is a common fault which most ignore as it doesnt prevent the grinder from working - it just makes it messy when transferring beans back to a container for storing.

When I did the Sunbeam barista course last week I peaked at a couple of their EM0480 grinders and they also had one free shutter. Thats why I thought it may have been designed that way. The instructor wasnt able to shed any light on the problem.

Looks like a weakness in the design or implementation of same

Comment

All this talk forced me to brave the cold and go to the garage to check the hopper of my 0450.
                I dont remember it having this problem.
                It also did not suffer the grind inconsistency and therefore didnt need the washers added to or removed.

My memory was correct; both halves of the gate spring as I expect they should.

Poor QC strikes again.

Comment

Im hoping the replacement hopper arrives before I take the grinder to my daughter in Coffs Harbour.

If it doesnt, a local retailer will lend me a hopper until I get the replacement from Sunbeam

Comment

Sunbeam came good with a new hopper with one day to spare before taking the EM0480 to Coffs Harbour

I have nothing but praise for Sumbeams customer service smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Working...
                    X