K3 Optional Small Hopper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 Optional Small Hopper

Has anybody tried the smaller hopper for the K3?

Is it worth tracking one down and how much are they?

Re: K3 Optional Small Hopper

You mean like this one...  

PM sent  

Comment

I acted the info Buschy kindly provided a month or so back and contacted the mob he suggested in the US. They quoted me a price of $70US, plus whatever shipping was going to cost. I decided it wasnt worth it, and have just been using the grinder without a hopper.

Comment

Originally posted by 7D767C7264170 link=1245131305/2#2 date=1245133608
        I acted the info Buschy kindly provided a month or so back and contacted the mob he suggested in the US. They quoted me a price of $70US, plus whatever shipping was going to cost. I decided it wasnt worth it, and have just been using the grinder without a hopper.  
        WOW!  

Comment

Does seem a tad expensive

Jetblack Espresso have them on order and will let me know when they arrive.

No indication of price at this stage 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 152224343F2E570 link=1245131305/3#3 date=1245133973
            WOW!  [smiley=shocked.gif]  
            Yeah, thats what I thought - hence the deciding not to bother ordering one.

Originally posted by 052224232E570 link=1245131305/4#4 date=1245134064

No indication of price at this stage  8-)
            Cool, thanks for the post - will certainly consider getting one from them if its not overly expensive. While it seems to work fine without the hopper, it would like nicer with one on.

Comment

Must be messy with beans jumping all over the place

Sort of a Mexican jumping bean grinder

I guess Mexican is a pretty close to Spanish

Comment

Originally posted by 5374727578010 link=1245131305/6#6 date=1245134746
                Must be messy with beans jumping all over the place  

Sort of a Mexican jumping bean grinder

I guess Mexican is a pretty close to Spanish  
                Nope, got that all sorted - the aeropress comes with a black plastic funnel which fits perfectly into the throat of the grinder (and due to the colour of the plastic looks like its supposed to go in there), and my tamper sits on top to stop any stray beans jumping out. Works great.

Comment

Top marks for innovation

Comment

Hey... youre right

I just tried my Aeropress funnel and it does look like it was made for the job.

Might save myself buying the mini-hopper

Comment

Originally posted by 0E292F28255C0 link=1245131305/4#4 date=1245134064

No indication of price at this stage  8-)
                      Thats great that someone is going to start bringing them into Oz. The dollar has strengthened a little lately so perhaps the price will be bearable.

Comment

Had a reply from Seattle today. Total cost including postage - are you ready for this......

Aus $105

Thats about 20% of the cost of a new machine. :-?

Somebody is making big bucks out of this. Well actually their not, because nobody is going to buy at that ridiculous price :

Comment

Originally posted by 604741464B320 link=1245131305/11#11 date=1245194852
                          Had a reply from Seattle today.  Total cost including postage - are you ready for this......

Aus $105

Thats about 20% of the cost of a new machine.   :-?

Somebody is making big bucks out of this.  Well actually their not, because nobody is going to buy at that ridiculous price  :
                          Given that a replacement Mazzer mini hopper without lid is $60 and its coming from the other end of the earth, I wouldnt have expected much less...Try building a commodore out of the bits

Comment

It all depends on how small you want it.

Ive cut the bottom off a small stainless cocktail shaker ($10 at the cheap shop) and others have done the same to stainless or otherwise travel mugs.

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by 5F6A7D7F4F776A7579747C180 link=1245131305/13#13 date=1245198796
                              Ive cut the bottom off a small stainless cocktail shaker
                              Ive seen a mini hopper made from a small takeaway coffee cup with the bottom cut off.
                              It had a coffee colour and theme so went well.

Comment

Working...
                              X