KyM Turkish Grinder Anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KyM Turkish Grinder Anyone???

Just bought a beautiful KyM Mocca Turkish grinder. Have read lots of good things about the Zassenhaus Turkish grinders, but cant find anything on the KyM brand. Just wondering how good it really is and if its on par with the Zass. Thanks for any info.  

Re: KyM Turkish Grinder Anyone???

Congratulations.  I saw this one on Orphan Espressos website.  Its copper, isnt it?  It certainly wasnt cheap.  Have you received it and started using it yet?

Comment

Sorry mate, I have no idea of the quality, but it sure is pretty! Good catch.

Greg

Comment

Did receive it Thursday and it is a sight to behold. The housing is indeed copper instead of the usual brass (which is one of the reasons I wanted it) and inside is a high quality tool steel conical burrset. This set is housed in a steel cage that sits inside the housing. Adjustments are made by spinning a wheel held in place by a really thick spring so settings stay put.

Grinding performance so far is fantastic. The grounds are fluffy with very consistent particle size. I might also mention it grinds rather fast too. Takes about 80 turns for 14 grams of the powdery stuff, very aggressive for a hand grinder based on what Ive been reading. Later!

Comment

Working...
        X