Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me identify my Mazzer

Hi everyone.

I just had the luck to get a second hand Mazzer off ebay.  I think I got a pretty good deal as it had new burs and seems to be in very good condition except for the external appearance.  It is quite old and I am not sure of the model and was wondering if someone could help.  My feeling is that it is an old super jolly.  I have attached some photos.  The back of the machine says Mazzer Mestre and the sticker on the side says Brevetto.  It does have the toggle switch in the doser and a shot counter on the side.  Any help would be much appreciated!

BB

Re: Help me identify my Mazzer

Probably a Super Jolly :

Comment

Yeah thats my feeling too. I wonder if i measure the diameter of the burs if that will tell me anything as I see the burr size is diff between the mini-jolly-major. I am hoping to do a full re-furb on this one as it seems to run really well.

Comment

yep measure them. It looks a bit shorter to me than most super jollys I ahve seen. But I dont know!

Comment

Hi damian1,

Thanks for the reply. I think it actually looks short in the photos. I cant imagine a super jolly being much taller. It is just under the height of my Silvia with the hopper off. I will see if i can measure the burrs tonight.

BB

Comment

I just read through the debate about grinders making a difference in another thread.  I have cleaned this thing up and used it about 8 times now.  I can definitively say that it is MUCH better than my Rocky.  Although taking into account the fact that my rocky is un-modded etc the rocky does do a great job.  I just cant believe how even the grid seems to be and how much of a difference you can make with the smallest movement of the grind adjustment.  I must say, with the new burs etc and with a clean up.  Best 250 bucks i ever spent.  Cant see myself going back to the rocky any time soon.  

P.S. I also love the doser, no more yogurt cups and paper clips!

Comment

So, youre the one who pipped me at the post for this auction!

I had assumed it would be an SJ (when bidding for it), but it could be a slightly older model than the current series.

Comment

there was a Mazzer super jolly on Gumtree (Sydney) yesterday for $200
                looked in great nick in the pics

i missed it by 1/2 an hour, when i rang a guy had just arrived to buy....... >

bargains are out there if your quick

any one here snap it up ?

Comment

Hi freney,

Sorry if i nabbed it out from under you!

I think it is an older model SJ. In the end it turned out to be a very good grinder. I have cleaned it up and it now looks great. I actually like the paint chips on the body etc. Gives it character.

J

Comment

Working...
                  X