Eureka Grinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eureka Grinder

Has anyone any experience with the Eureka Mignon Electronic Coffee Grinder?

I am looking for a grinder for a ECM Giotto Rocket Premium Plus for home use?

Regards

Perthmurf

Re: Eureka Grinder

Hi Perthmurf and welcome to CS!

Have only seen pics of this grinder and my first thought is that the angular chute would be a bit of a negative for me, as I would suspect you might find a fair deposit of left over grinds hiding round that corner.

Is this a grinder youve seen in the flesh and tried? Am just wondering what the attraction is - the boxy appearance; price; recommendation from someone?

Comment

It seems small & fairly compact for home use - It has been recommended by the suppler in Perth WA as an alternative to the Goitto Grinder ( RRP$851.00) it is sub $500.00 doserless and seems quite neat & tidy. Macrometic ajustment - I assume this means non-step and completely variable ( within its range).

I am new to quality coffee and have been reading review and commenst on the CS site but could find nothing on the Eureka or any of this range/manufacturer of grinder.

It is interesting that it is not on your CS site from any of your "experts". Any reason?

If I go with it I will post comments! [smiley=shocked.gif]

Regards

Perthmurf

Comment

Originally posted by 754057514D48505743250 link=1246339806/2#2 date=1246350771
        It seems small & fairly compact for home use - It has been recommended by the suppler in Perth WA as an alternative to the Goitto Grinder ( RRP$851.00) it is sub $500.00 doserless and seems quite neat & tidy. Macrometic ajustment - I assume this means non-step and completely variable ( within its range).

I am new to quality coffee and have been reading review and commenst on the CS site but could find nothing on the Eureka or any of this range/manufacturer of grinder.

It is interesting that it is not on your CS site from any of your "experts". Any reason?

If I go with it I will post comments! [smiley=shocked.gif]

Regards

Perthmurf
        Hi Perthmurf and welcome,

This grinder looks to me like one of the class with a plastic top burr carrier and we therefore place it in the appliance class- along with the Sunbeam etc. If I am correct, its no competition to the far superior Best and its not worth the bucks IMHO because it wont last.

Look to a Rocky or Compak K3T or similar. Theyre far better and will outlive you

Chris

Comment

Chris,

When I searched for "Eureka" on the Home page in the search section the search returned " nothing Found" yet on GOOGLE I managed to find
          http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1227787752

I will tomorrow check on the Burrs to see if the top is "plastic" - Thanks for your quick responses

Regards

Perthmurf

Comment

Originally posted by 1F2A3D3B27223A3D294F0 link=1246339806/4#4 date=1246353657
            When I searched for "Eureka" on the Home page in the search section the search returned " nothing Found" yet on GOOGLE I managed to find
            You might not have changed the search to longer than 1 week old. I tried the search and lots came up.

Comment

Hi CSrs

Thanks to those who have responded.
              I have figured out how to better use the seach engine and am still not getting much info on this forum on the Eureka Mignon Grinder.

I have found that it is made by Conti Valerio in Italy. Seems to be sold under different names, Nouvo Simonelli MCI, Eureka brand   and is also sold under the Eureka brand valeriano Conti design , Nouvo Simonelli MCI, Chris Coffee Service also have a branded version "MCI Black Doserless Grinder" and overseas reviews seem Good.

It is also funny that last night Eureka in Italys website was "comming soon" and this morning it seems to be running and You can see the quality of the grinder in the Pics ( writing in Italian) see
              http://www.eureka.co.it/prodotti/mignon_istan.php

I think comparing it to the Sunbeam is Not Fair. Still litrature seems hard to get!

Anyone with any other comments or experience?

Regqards

PerthMurf

Comment

Hi and welcome PerthMurf
                Here is a video of the Eureka grinder
                And noise test on you tube
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_DTGHBVHjg

Originally posted by 4F7A77704458747D7D7E7E1B0 link=1246339806/3#3 date=1246351207
                This grinder looks to me like one of the class with a plastic top burr carrier
                If Chris is right about the plastic burr carrier that also means its the same grinder & motor mechanism as
                The Nemox Lux, Iberital Challenge, Sunbeam
                The inner workings are the same but each brand comes with a different outer shell

And you will find that grinder mechanism review here
                http://www.coffeeco.com.au/articles/sunbeamgrinder.html

And overview here
                http://www.coffeeco.com.au/articles/september2002.html
                KK

Comment

Originally posted by 4E7B6C6A76736B6C781E0 link=1246339806/6#6 date=1246415365
                  I think comparing it to the Sunbeam is Not Fair.
                  According to the info in that link, it is a 50mm Flat Burr Grinder running at 1,350 rpm so is nothing like a Lux, etc... :-?

These grinders also have stepless grind adjustment too so that is certainly worth having for an Espresso Grinder. Ive never seen one in the flesh though so dont know how it would compare to other 50mm Flat Burr grinders in this class and I guess you would have to validate all of that for yourself with a hands-on demo and comparo...

Mal.

Comment

Thanks again all!

I have committed to the purchase and so will take photos etc and post.

It is a class piece of equipment IMO (both internally & externally) and there is no plastic parts for Burr holder etc.

It is proffessional brushes aluminium and the mico steppless adjustment is a plus - the bottom burr if that is its name is fixed to the motor and so rotates and the upper burr is the one that has the movement to set the grain size.

It has a small footprint and seems ideal for home being dosserless ( although the Italy wesite says there is a doser version). The picture show the Hopper as square but having inspected it there is no way there can be any hang-up of beans as inside the taper/drop is steeper that it appears on the outside.

I see people raving on about the Rancillio Rocky and then going on about using plumbers thread tape & bits of plastic from Bunnings etc - cant understand why you would pay that $ and then want to do these mods. I suppose each to hs own.

Hopefully i will soon be able to post more info on this grinder and get some discussion going.

Again thanks for all the help and hope to be a future contributor.

regards

Perthmurf

Comment

Working...
                    X