Mazzer vs Mazzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer vs Mazzer

Im looking for a new grinder and the mazzers are tempting. The mini-e looks like the best fit for me tho I dont think the electronic bits are likely to get much use.

Ive got one question tho, is the super jolly better in the cup than the mini-e? The reason I ask is that many on the innernut seem to think it is. Although they both use 64mm burrs it seems the burr sets are different, or so Ive read. Ive also seen replacement burrs for both on the net and the part numbers are the same. Confusing. If fitted with the same burrs Im not sure what could account for any significant difference??

So for about the same price Id prefer doserless but Id prefer better tasting coffee more.

Muchas gracias!  

Re: Mazzer vs Mazzer

Heaps of very satisfied Macap M4D owners out there too Bollo.... Well worth a look and a try-out 8-)

Mal.

Comment

I moved from a Rocky to a Mazzer mini and never looked back. From what Ive read the preference seems to be for the larger Mazzer with 64 mm burrs but right now Im making better espresso than I can buy in a restaurant and I think its all about the fresh coffee beans.

Comment

Its mostly about the palette! but try the Macaps too - excellent grinders and sometimes better value for money.

Comment

Although they both use 64mm burrs it seems the burr sets are different, or so Ive read. Ive also seen replacement burrs for both on the net and the part numbers are the same. Confusing.
          SJ has a larger motor than the Mini E so the SJ plates have a more aggressive cut than plates for the Mini E.

Comment

Thanks for the replys guys.  Ill check out the macaps too.

Comment

We had a sydney meetup yesterday with a Macap M4, Mazzer Mini, ECA KS and Compak K10 WBC, and everyone (including the Minis owner) seemed to prefer the M4 to the Mini. Better dosing action, fewer clumps, quieter when grinding and quieter off.

If you were going to buy a SJ Id look at a lower-end conical instead (Macap MX[K], or Mazzer Kony)

Comment

I like the SJ - but then again I would. There are some comparos around between them on this site and elsewhere. Just search.

Cheers

Comment

I am getting a jolly

Comment

You will indeed be happy, I have 2 of them (both bought used and only about $450 US tied up with both of them) and they are great grinders. If you have the room, you will not regret the choice for a second!

Comment

Working...
                    X