What is this grinder called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this grinder called?

I got this when it was chucked out at the uni I work at. I think it was from the old "big caf" (short for cafeteria, no way its called a cafe...god that place was horrible). There is also a commercial coffee machine up there, but I dont think I am getting that...

You will notice the doser is broken, the top ring bit and the perpex beaker, but the mechanism is fine, oh and the handle for the tamper is off. Thats why I assume it was turfed in the first place..???

Otherwise it works fine

I am sourcing parts but would be interested to know whats its called...oh and to show off.

oh and what do these sort of things go for $$$ wise?

It took Sooooooooo long to get all the old crud out but its now nice and clean (no i didnt soak the burrs)... just used it to grind my first roast and just caught it as it came spitting out...there might have been some vacuuming afterward

cheers

Re: What is this grinder called?

Sorry cant help need to see more pictures
    Look for a label somewhere

If you remove the broken doser
    You can convert it to a doserless model dont think it would be that hard

KK

Comment

Looks like an anfim doser to me.

Comment

hmm Anfim you say...ill look in to it

There is no branding or serial number anywhere that I have found... I have looked under and in... even took a sticker (of a coffee company...crivelli) off to see if it was under there...nope

I have got one of the guys at crivelli looking for parts...might be able to shed some light???

Edit: Just had a look around at pics, the doser appears the same as you say, but cant seem to find one on the same body...????

not much more to show in the pic really

cheers

Comment

Come to think about it it does look like an older Anfim Super Best

At least the doser does
          KK

Comment

yes doser does indeed seem to (after following your lead) but the body??? perhaps I should send the pic to anfim...

Comment

you could try it and see how it grinds before bothering

Comment

Doser Is definitely an Anfim and the dosing fork looks like the one that Anfim use. But the body isnt one of grinders currently being manufactured.

Comment

Oh it grinds very well, everything save the doser seems in good order. It would probably be about 12-15 yo something of that ilk...

I shall email Anfim and ask them...cheers all

Comment

from Anfim ITL

"n reference to your request we inform you that your grinder is very very
                    old and it is not any more in production.

Your can contact our dealer in Australia to buy a new grinder:"

Pigs bum, it works fuine I just want parts for the doser....ahhhh

Comment

Originally posted by 565544574656250 link=1247902114/9#9 date=1248400192
                      from Anfim ITL

"n reference to your request we inform you that your grinder is very very
                      old and it is not any more in production.

They still dont give us a model name/number

You can buy another doser or convert it to doser-less
                      If they fit upgrade the grinding blades to the new titanium ones they use on the Super Lusso

KK

Comment

hmm indeed I may seek there help again in getting a bit more than Just a "very very old". The burrs seem really quite nice for thier supposed age. ... I have indeed thought about a doserless conversion. but only if I have to now I think. It was what I had planned to do, and it would suit need better. As it does have quite the footprint for a domestic kitchen. But I have become anamoured with the doser...

Comment

Originally posted by 121100130212610 link=1247902114/11#11 date=1248403753
                          But I have become anamoured with the doser...
                          Yes you are a Coffee Snob
                          enamoured >> enamoured with in love with, taken with, charmed by, fascinated by, entranced by, fond of, enchanted by, captivated by, enthralled by, smitten with, besotted with, bewitched by, crazy about (informal) infatuated with, enraptured by, wild about (informal) swept off your feet by, nuts on or about (slang)

KK

Comment

oops spelling... never mind..thats what I meant

Comment

Dont scrap the doser it is the best part of Anfim Grinders. What is broken on it?

Comment

Working...
                              X