Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got an old Anfim? - looking for a hopper......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got an old Anfim? - looking for a hopper......

Hi all,

My new (old) grinder has arrived and Im looking for a hopper. Heres a pic. It has Anfim model LT on the manufacturing plate, 1995. I think its a lusso (?)

PS - do the burrs look ok? Heres some pics from different angles.

Also looking for a manual......

thanks.

Re: Anyone got an old Anfim? - looking for a hopper......

Hmmm... Older than my Super (what is with the weird influx of anfim grinders at the mo ;D) but if the hopper throat is 58mm you can shove a mazzer mini or super jolly hopper in there. As to the burrs they need a good clean but I cant really tell. To check the burrs run your nail in the along the cutting surface and if it feels like (or is) shaving your nail you are probably alright. If in doubt change them.

Comment

Ok thanks, if I cant get one of the square anfim hoppers Ill check out the mazzer one.

Re the burrs, I think they are probably blunt - they dont shave a fingernail at all. Anyway the cost of a replacement set from coffeeparts is about $50. Im not sure if what they have are after market, or proper Anfim ones.

Geez you should have seen the crap inside once I took off the burr carrier. Old coffee & oils hardened into something like clay, and then polished shiny.... Add to this a bit of someones hair mixed in Thank god the motor still runs fine after having to power through all this each time.

Im guessing they never cleaned around and under the burr carrier.

While its all in pieces I might respray the top and bottom covers (which I think are aluminium), the body still looks ok.

Anyone know if the bent wire sticking up inside the doser is supposed to have another square shaped wire wrapped around it? (I saw a lusso vid on youtube that showed this) Dont know if Im missing this bit or this was how the doser came with this model.

Also, having only used the Rocky before, whats the go with the manual timer, as there is no other on/off switch? Is a full wind of the timer a standard dose?

I found only one rubber foot underneath. Not sure where to go looking for these. Perhaps Ill just have to use all four new ones sourced from somewhere else.

And lastly, is the large ring on the bottom of the grinder supposed to have a cover that fits on top?

thanks.

Comment

When I first got mine it took over half an hour of firm gentle pressure to unwind the top burr carrier because it was so gunked up.
        2. No the timer is just there so you dont leave it on. Mine (the Super so it is different) just has a rocker. (it did have a microswitch that turned the grinder off when the doser was full - now removed)
        3. wouldnt know where to source these either but I think your best bet would be to replace all.
        4. Yes the ring is supposed to have the dregs tray perched on top. (black plastic tray designed to catch stray grinds),

Comment

I tested the timer and it runs for 5 mins.... Im thinking the best option may be to just replace it with an on off switch.

Also found a small magnet mounted right at the hopper chute (I guess to catch foreign metal bits. Looks like a DIY fit.

Today I sanded the top and bottom covers (steel not aluminium) and dregs tray ring back to bare metal - Ill just respray them black before fitting again.

Will order some burrs tomorrow from coffeeparts.

Comment

Hey Borat if its ally you could polish (or have it) polished up

that doser would mirror up with polish, broken by a colored base and top would look smick
            its ugly in that " GRRRR i mean business" nice kind of way at the moment i reckon

would go well with a square flush hopper and a square machine

Leeham

Comment

Yeah Im not sure what the doser is made off. Its cast whatever it is - maybe some sort of alloy. I took off the mounting plate on the back of it, and underneath was a mirror finish so bright I thought it might have been chromed.

Maybe the rest oxidised over time (?) Someone suggested a bottle of Mothers chrome / wire, which is a spray on, rinse off. I might try that first and see what happens....

Comment

Update: I tried Ducale Cafe in Melbourne. They have some hoppers but dont want to sell. I guess fair enough they want to keep spares for their own customers...

Hmmm, Ill keep looking.

Comment

Working...
                X