My modified Sunbeam EM0480

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My modified Sunbeam EM0480

I found with EM0480 that there was a lot of mess made.

I used some tubing to extend chute and an old mild bottle to create a tray.

It seems to minimise the mess.

Other than that I have been quite happy with the sunbeam. It does heat up if a large number of cofees are made.

I am now down to setting 3 (very fine), whereas I started at about 12 when new. I am looking for a new grinder then this will become my decaf grinder.

Re: My modified Sunbeam EM0480

Im still trying to get used to mine! Im sitting around 12, and I dont get the nice crema. Surely thats because its too coarse. Ill try and tune it down more

Comment

Depending on the freshness of beans, temperature, humidity etc I still have to vary mine 2-3 notches either side. But my blades are definately not what they used to be.

I have found that it actually goes to about minus 3. I have also found that it is not an exact science as I once borrowed a friends brand new alongside my brand new grinder and found that his was about 5 off but getting the same extraction.

Comment

RT where r ur beans from? How fresh r they? This will have a huge amount to do with lack of crema too. Fresh is best (4-7 days after roast).

Are u getting any crema? How is the pour- is it fast or slow, thick and rich??
        Try grindng finer too, my tip though is u need fresh beans??
        Though about roastign ur own?? Not too hard

Comment

Try roaring ur own... Makes a huge difference!!

Comment

Originally posted by 2525252B272E2E2D2D480 link=1249608800/3#3 date=1250165143
            Though about roastign ur own?? Not too hard
            Originally posted by 2525252B272E2E2D2D480 link=1249608800/4#4 date=1251821356
            Try roaring ur own... Makes a huge difference!!
            Thats easy for you to say ;D

Comment

ROARrrrggghhhhh!!!!

Nope, didnt make a difference to my coffee...  

Sorry, couldnt help myself  **kack**

Comment

Originally posted by 052234263E4D0 link=1249608800/6#6 date=1251867273
                ROARrrrggghhhhh!!!!

lol hoyks!,

I love how nearly every post on CS eventually comes around to talking someone into roasting their own coffee! regardless of the original post, eg  TOPIC "Help with tamping matts", response "ahh tamping matts, they are a great idea, but roasting your own is a better idea!" ha ha (fictitious thread)

lol, i love this place! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 664157455D2E0 link=1249608800/6#6 date=1251867273
                  ROARrrrggghhhhh!!!!

;D  I was going to write that but saw you already had!
                  Now at least I know why you didnt return my email today, youre at home on CS!

Comment

//hijack

Shhhh, dont tell work, Wambesi!   ;D ;D ;D  I have every second Wednesday off to do my housework but, really, its my day to let loose with my sense of humour on the unsuspecting CS forumites, practise my home barista skills, drink copious amounts of coffee and, oh yeah - if I have a bit of time left over - I do a bit of vacuuming, tidying and mopping without kiddies around.

end hijack//

22 Posts until I make the big 500!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X