Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member, new grinder - Eureka Mondial 10kg

Hi all,

Ive been using your site for the past month or so to research the equipment im going to buy ( just moved out of home ). Its been a great resource so thanks to all.

I finally found a used grinder that seems to be decent and that i could afford (just  :P ) Its a eureka mondial 10kg. its got stepless micrometer adjustment, 60mm burrs and (unfortunately) a doser. im considering modifying it to get rid of the doser but im not sure yet.

I couldnt find any feedback from owners of eureka grinders so im hoping it will be good. Does anyone know if they are???

Im most probably going to be purchasing a fully manual lever piston type espresso machine sometime soon but ill keep you posted.

mod edit- commercial link removed in line with site sales and posting policy

and a picture of it

Re: New member, new grinder - Eureka Mondial 10kg

Looks to be a solid grinder
    Check if the burs a sharp & if not replace them to bring new life to the grinder for another 400 kg of coffee grinding

Originally posted by 7B5F45555E57360 link=1251173046/0#0 date=1251173046
    Its a eureka mondial 10kg. its got stepless micrometer adjustment, 60mm burrs and (unfortunately) a doser. im considering modifying it to get rid of the doser but im not sure yet.
    Nothing wrong with a doser grinder I just got a Mazzer Major
    I am finding the doser easy to use now that I have made a couple of modifications

KK

Comment

Looks like it is in the need of a good clean. Personally I love dosers (mind I havent used many higher end doserless grinders) and with a little practice they can really help distribute coffee in the basket.

Comment

Now that is interesting- its exactly the same as the Nova Simonelli grinder I bought from Luke in this site, except that the filter guide at the bottom is metal rather than heavy duty plastic. I wonder who made them in the first place?
        Im very please with mine.
        Brett

Comment

Nothing wrong with big grinders like this. Most often they make a great brew and will last forever. With uncommon models like the one above it can be a good idea to ring some parts suppliers just to check that they are still servicable. Otherwise go for it if the price is right.

Comment

Working...
          X