Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compak K3T update

Hi all,

Just a heads up on some revisions to the K3T...

We received a few last week (sadly all gone- more soon) and we finally have a user friendly K3T.

The silly time adjustment under the base of the grinder still exists but the pros are that there is zero slack in the burr set and finally we have the power switch on the right side of the grinder!

These changes will make it much easier to use manually and make for a much better grinder IMHO...

Ill work on them for some short hoppers now

Chris

Re: Compak K3T update

Originally posted by 1F2A27201408242D2D2E2E4B0 link=1252571228/0#0 date=1252571228
    and finally we have the power switch on the right side of the grinder!
    Damn.  Just when I was getting used to having it on the left.  ;D

Comment

must have a play with one of these soon - then I can stop slamming them for their quirks!

seems like it should be sold as a V2 with those revisions!

Comment

Re: Cpmpak K3T update

Originally posted by 537E7F746E736E631A0 link=1252571228/2#2 date=1252576644
        must have a play with one of these soon - then I can stop slamming them for their quirks!

seems like it should be sold as a V2 with those revisions!
        Was looking at buying an Engel fridge for the work car the other day. Their changes for the v2 were very extensive:

1) It has an led light in it.

Comment

Not to put a damper on their "revisions" but surely one of the bigger quirks would have been the timer adjustment placement?

Comment

Originally posted by 06303B34213A27550 link=1252571228/4#4 date=1252578152
            Not to put a damper on their "revisions" but surely one of the bigger quirks would have been the timer adjustment placement?
            Not really Senator...

The timers pretty much useless anyway, so the majority of owners use it manually. For mine, this is why the Macap M4D and top end electronic mazzers (major upwards) are examples of the type of grinder you need if you want a timed dose....The timed dose of the mini-e is not much better than that of a K3T. Only bonus is less tendency to clump....

Comment

I bought a k3 touch (black) from another site sponsor just recently and my power switch is on the right - does this mean that it is the new
              "revised" model?

How do I tell if there is slack in my burr set?

Plse advise as I am abit of a coffee noob.

Cheers
              CT

Comment

Originally posted by 5D686562564A666F6F6C6C090 link=1252571228/0#0 date=1252571228
                finally we have the power switch on the right side of the grinder!
                I must just do things backwards compared to everyone else but I would find that annoying. Im right handed, I hold stuff in my right hand and want to flip the switch with my left. So the switch should be on the LHS of the grinder. Having the switch on the right would mean having to reach across the machine...

Comment

Originally posted by 5D5251515C370 link=1252571228/7#7 date=1252878941
                  Im right handed, I hold stuff in my right hand and want to flip the switch with my left.  
                  Youre grinder southpaw Jeff. Most right-handed people use their dominant hand to do the finer control stuff- i.e operate the grinder controls...

Each to his own

2mcm

Comment

Can I say I like the switch to be operated by the insertion of the group handle?

Greg

Comment

Id second that!

Comment

Originally posted by 45706765556D706F636E66020 link=1252571228/9#9 date=1252921717
                        Can I say I like the switch to be operated by the insertion of the group handle?

Greg
                        That would be way too sensible Greg ;D

Comment

Theres always one.... Sensible that is ;D

Comment

Sorry about that. Although calling someone with thousands of $$$$ of equipment just to make coffee "sensible" is almost too much!

Greg
                            The sensible one.

Comment

Working...
                            X