Wassat??? Freshly Ground Coffee :-?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wassat??? Freshly Ground Coffee :-?

Pre ground is best!!! large multi-national coffee companies know best, they even give 12 months used by dates!!! buy from supplier market...

Re: Wassat??? Freshly Ground Coffee :-?

Originally posted by 4E757C6F765F7C74691D0 link=1178017304/77#77 date=1254008409
    Pre ground is best!!! large multi-national coffee companies know best, they even give 12 months used by dates!!! buy from supplier market...
    Feed im to the sharks boys ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 2E2231203630430 link=1178017304/72#72 date=1251968830
      From the few shots i pulled i found extraction occurred from the outside in. Never quite fully extracting from the centre before blonding occurred on the outside.
      How did you go marcus?

Could this be due to an underdosed filter basket? I was getting this with my shots when I underdosed. I dont get it with a fully updosed filter basket...ie no doughnut style channeling in the bottom of the puck with an updosed basket.

Javabeen.

Comment

Originally posted by 142F26352C05262E33470 link=1178017304/77#77 date=1254008409
        ...and dont spend big. The no frills bags are just as good as the expensive brands. Youll save a packet!
        Best enjoyed about a week or two before end of expiry date but if it doesnt have an expiry date, leave for at least 12 months - 18 to be on the safe side. Leave the beans in an open container in full sun a day or two after opening the bag* then store in the refrigerator when not using it  :

*This will ensure it totally loses all flavour so you wont find out how disgusting it probably will be

Comment

Originally posted by 060C190E0E011513600 link=1178017304/80#80 date=1254010734
          SharkBait wrote on Today at 9:40am:

...and dont spend big. The no frills bags are just as good as the expensive brands. Youll save a packet!
          Best enjoyed about a week or two before end of expiry date but if it doesnt have an expiry date, leave for at least 12 months - 18 to be on the safe side. Leave the beans in an open container in full sun a day or two after opening the bag* then store in the refrigerator when not using it
          Ive found that if the flavour is gone you can always retro-fit the flavour by adding a dessert spoon of Blend 43 to the group handle when dosing.  Ive found most people cant tell the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by 272B2222212128313730440 link=1178017304/81#81 date=1254024569
            Ive found that if the flavour is gone you can always retro-fit the flavour by adding a dessert spoon of Blend 43 to the group handle when dosing.Ive found most people cant tell the difference.
            ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I hope you realise at least one newbie is going end up putting Nescafe in their group handle. Sarcasm doesnt translate well in text.

Comment

True story. Once upon a time I worked in a cafe. We used to have regulars who came in once a week (nothing unusual there).

With them they would bring a couple of hotel type sachets of "international roast" and ask us to add steamed milk to make a cappuccino.  :-? In retrospect I now realise that Piazza Doro isnt the worlds best coffee, but I didnt think it was that bad. ;D

Feel free to move this if its gone too off topic.

Comment

Of course its not gone too far. ;D

If pre-ground is good then the biggest seller--instant--must be even better! :P

Greg
                  feeling sorry for those that cant discern sarcasm

Comment

Mazzer, Compak et al must be rapidly trying to reassess their future business strategies when word of this incredible insight leaks beyond the boundaries of CS.......

Comment

When you just dont have the time to roast green beans, a microwave works a treat!

Also, when Im making coffee late at night and dont want to wake the house with grinder noises, I chew the beans and spit them into the group handle.

Ok, this thread is just wrong on so so many levels ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 51737474777B7C774D547B777C76120 link=1254008410/10#10 date=1254377371
                        When you just dont have the time to roast green beans, a microwave works a treat!  ;D
                        I just load the group handle with caterers blend

Comment

I love my Rancilio s24 with the built-in tank. Making milk-based drinks is so easy! I just fill the tank with cold milk and hey Presto! The latte just comes out of the group handle!
                          I use the steam arm for making gravy mostly.

Comment

Come on guys dont waste your time with all this fancy high tech mumbo jumbo, jugs get an electric kettle from Aldi, make sure the element is exposed for best results, or go to the salvos if your a tight arse, then grab the left over dreggs of caterers blend from the smoko room, why pay for coffee, its a rought!!!
                            and besides if you dont buy this coffee then the Vietnamese child labour rings would end, how then would the kiddies support there parents???

Comment

Instant added to the grounds   in the group handle then shot? Ive seen it done in a cafe! Youll understand why I refrain from ordering coffee...

Comment

Working...
                              X