Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

    I have managed to totally destroy what I believe is the three armed coffee sweeper found below the conical burrs - it is now harmless.   I have managed to remove this item but cannot find any P/No. on it.   I contacted Sunbeam who advised that as they did not sell spares to general public and that I would have to contact their local agent located in Dickson, Canberra.   I contacted said agent who advised that whatever the required item was they would have to send away for it.   They also advised that they were not in possesion of a diagramtic breakdown of spares for this piece of equipment;  but they did have a pricelist of available spares for (3) Sunbeam Grinders including EM0480 - however not one of the descriptions the CSO read off to me bore any resemblence to my requirement.  

    SO does  anyone out there know what I am referring to and can supply me with a part number and a supplier???? so that I can once again be a happy little camper  ;D   Gee I wish I had woken up a few years back and used a local sponsor as my son did to purchase reliably serviced coffee equipment.

  • #2
    Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

    Originally posted by 7C5745505B57737166320 link=1258526450/0#0 date=1258526450
    I have managed to totally destroy what I believe is the three armed coffee sweeper found below the conical burrs - it is now harmless.   I have managed to remove this item but cannot find any P/No. on it.   I contacted Sunbeam who advised that as they did not sell spares to general public and that I would have to contact their local agent located in Dickson, Canberra.   I contacted said agent who advised that whatever the required item was they would have to send away for it.   They also advised that they were not in possesion of a diagramtic breakdown of spares for this piece of equipment;  but they did have a pricelist of available spares for (3) Sunbeam Grinders including EM0480 - however not one of the descriptions the CSO read off to me bore any resemblence to my requirement.  

    SO does  anyone out there know what I am referring to and can supply me with a part number and a supplier???? so that I can once again be a happy little camper  ;D   Gee I wish I had woken up a few years back and used a local sponsor as my son did to purchase reliably serviced coffee equipment.
    Send pic if possible to confirm..

    If so then I am almost 100% that I can obtain for you..

    You could also contact the supplier I deal with....  But they do have some issues with the general public due to the SB Service Agency Agreement..

    Get me a pic to CONFIRM what we are talking about and I can confirm $ and Availability in teh morning...

    Have a look and confirm if it is the part shown here.. The sweeper / Paddle.

    #26 Paddle 1 C3-9024
    #27 Paddle Plate 1 C23-2212





    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

      Originally posted by 1F30393B2C133F303F393B333B302A5E0 link=1258526450/1#1 date=1258528499
      #26 Paddle C3-9024  
      This is the one.
      I did the same to mine about a year ago.
      My SB guy sent me an exploded view diagram to pick it out from so he knew exactly which part I was talking about.

      He then told me it wasnt a "spare part".

      What he did for me though was go through the bins where they discarded dead grinders and found me the part I needed.
      He then sent it to me FOC.

      SB havent been that helpful for quite some time now.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

        Thankyou for your prompt replies. I believe the part I require is as follows #26 - Paddle - C3-9024. As you can see in Pic #1 it appears to be sitting there in all its useless splendor & Pic #2 shows it as a drum & three amputated   vanes. Im learning all the time; how to attach photographs and how to reduce them to fit 8-)[img][/img]



        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

          Originally posted by 664D5F4A414D696B7C280 link=1258526450/3#3 date=1258607702
          Thankyou for your prompt replies. I believe the part I require is as follows #26 - Paddle - C3-9024. As you can see in Pic #1 it appears to be sitting there in all its useless splendor & Pic #2 shows it as a drum & three amputated   vanes. Im learning all the time; how to attach photographs and how to reduce them to fit 8-)[img][/img]

          NOT a spare part...  Not stocked or able to be ordered..

          However... I have one for you... If you ensure that NO one goes sticking things up the spout... Or next time it might be a tender part of your lower body...


          PM me your shipping details etc ASAP

          We can work out a penalty for postage and expenses incurred...

          Anger

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

            Originally posted by 755A53514679555A55535159515A40340 link=1258526450/4#4 date=1258609523
            Originally posted by 664D5F4A414D696B7C280 link=1258526450/3#3 date=1258607702
            Thankyou for your prompt replies. I believe the part I require is as follows #26 - Paddle - C3-9024. As you can see in Pic #1 it appears to be sitting there in all its useless splendor & Pic #2 shows it as a drum & three amputated   vanes. Im learning all the time; how to attach photographs and how to reduce them to fit 8-)[img][/img]

            NOT a spare part...  Not stocked or able to be ordered..

            However... I have one for you... If you ensure that NO one goes sticking things up the spout... Or next time it might be a tender part of your lower body...


            PM me your shipping details etc ASAP

            We can work out a penalty for postage and expenses incurred...

            Anger
            Packed and ready to be sent... CQ3909953

            Now... What is this worth to you ???

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

               At least $20 plus postage and handling (?????) and as many espressos as you like from our sons coffee cart when he sets up again - I believe he used to make a very acceptable brew & exchanged lively repartee when he was operating out of Lonsdale St, Braddon.

              As I am very close to that tender part of my body [smiley=embarassed.gif] and as I have now found out how to gain easy access to that area (Whoops  [smiley=embarassed.gif] - My proofreader [better half]  has picked this one up) I meant the coffee grinder not the tender area - by removing 4 screws - I dont think (I hope) that I will find myself in this particular pickle again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

              By the way what is CQ3909953 ???

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                Originally posted by 062D3F2A212D090B1C480 link=1258526450/6#6 date=1258694483
                 At least $20 plus postage and handling (?????) and as many espressos as you like from our sons coffee cart when he sets up again - I believe he used to make a very acceptable brew & exchanged lively repartee when he was operating out of Lonsdale St, Braddon.

                As I am very close to that tender part of my body [smiley=embarassed.gif] and as I have now found out how to gain easy access to that area (Whoops  [smiley=embarassed.gif] - My proofreader [better half]  has picked this one up) I meant the coffee grinder not the tender area - by removing 4 screws - I dont think (I hope) that I will find myself in this particular pickle again. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

                By the way what is CQ3909953 ???
                ROFLMAO... I wish I had a proof reader that was supportive of my tender area ;D

                Will PM you the finer details.. Needless to say.. You will be Happy

                CQ3909953 is the express post tracking number - Expect it Monday first thing..


                As to cleaning etc... It depends on Usage and on the type of beans... If Oily or flavoured from GJ ( Would hope not..) ... Then you will never clean it enough... If good quality beans... then depending on use... Say every 6 - 8 weeks or as required...

                I use compressed air... In teh older days a trip to the servo was a laugh... Stop car... Unload printer / computer / Coffee grinders etc etc and oh... Maybe add a bit to one of the car tyres...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                  Regards cleaning & usage: in the main I use Wagonga Coffee (local) or Merlo (Qld); I believe none of them are oily or flavoured as everything I remove appears to be dry - I think it might the result of static electricity and the fact that the exit tube has a slight kink in it and slightly raised plastic joins - refer pic 1.
                  Usage is not great, total all up at the most is eight cups per day - between the two of us[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
                  I/we look forward to receiving your PM & Mondays post at approx 1100hrs [smiley=engel017.gif].

                  By the way was there someone going to introduce a dictionary on acronyms :question

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                    Originally posted by 557E6C79727E5A584F1B0 link=1258526450/8#8 date=1258707474
                    Regards cleaning & usage: in the main I use Wagonga Coffee (local) or Merlo (Qld); I believe none of them are oily or flavoured as everything I remove appears to be dry - I think it might the result of static electricity and the fact that the exit tube has a slight kink in it and slightly raised plastic joins - refer pic 1.
                    Usage is not great, total all up at the most is eight cups per day - between the two of us[smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]
                    I/we look forward to receiving your PM & Mondays post at approx 1100hrs [smiley=engel017.gif].

                    By the way was there someone going to introduce a dictionary on acronyms :question
                    No Pic ???


                    6- 8 weeks sounds like a managable time frame.... You should try some Brown Bay stuff...

                    Make teh partner the first coffee... They feel spoilt and this then cleans the stale grinds out; so that you get fresh grinds..

                    But dont tell any one else... Its just between US ;D

                    PM sent...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                      Originally posted by 4C6775606B67434156020 link=1258526450/8#8 date=1258707474
                      I/we look forward to receiving your PM & Mondays post at approx 1100hrs .
                      Got payment... TOO MUCH

                      Many thanks. Trust the unit is up and running all OK.

                      Take care.

                      AM

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                        Thanks for the service AM. It was received at approx 12:00hrs last Monday & I did try to reply ASAP including some photographs BUT again it appeared to be too large to be accepted.

                        Anyway, yes the unit is up and running. [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

                        Although I did have a little argument with the placement of the Acorn Nut, Tab Washer & Shakeproof/Star Washer. I was putting the SW between TW & Nut and it constantly loosend off twice, the third time I placed the SW on the Conical Burr, then the Tab Washer followed by the Acorn Nut and it has held in place. Coffee tastes better too.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                          Originally posted by 597260757E72565443170 link=1258526450/11#11 date=1259127264
                          Thanks for the service AM.   It was received at approx 12:00hrs last Monday & I did try to reply ASAP including some photographs BUT again it appeared to be too large to be accepted.

                          Anyway, yes the unit is up and running.  [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

                          Although I did have a little argument with the placement of the Acorn Nut, Tab Washer & Shakeproof/Star Washer.   I was putting the SW between TW & Nut and it constantly loosend off twice, the third time I placed the SW on the Conical Burr, then the Tab Washer followed by the Acorn Nut and it has held in place.   Coffee tastes better too.
                          Thanks..

                          DO HAVE A GUIDE FOR PLACING THE WASHERS AS FROM sb / tg i THINK... iF YA WANT LET US KNOW...

                          bUgger Caps lock VIRUS ;D

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                            Ive sold my 0450 so cant check it but the calibration guide shows TW then SW then nut.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Sunbeam Coffee Grinder EM0480 spares

                              TG, thats interesting cause I did that twice and it came loose, then I tried SW, TW, AN and it has stayed together (so far) Im holding my breath. Im checking that area everytime now before I grind. Or even before I place the beans in the hopper. [smiley=dankk2.gif] [smiley=2vrolijk_08.gif]

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X