Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

    The doserless Funnel and electronics for a Mazzer Robur costs about A$365. Has anybody retrofitted one of these units to a doser model machine?  The retrofitting could be to either  a supper jolly, major, or robur. ( this is topic is not about a debate on doser vs doserless )

  • #2
    Re: Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

    Originally posted by 76677C71737C7F71797B7E7E7D62120 link=1261355556/0#0 date=1261355556
    The doserless Funnel and electronics for a Mazzer Robur costs about A$365. Has anybody retrofitted one of these units to a doser model machine?  The retrofitting could be to either  a supper jolly, major, or robur. ( this is topic is not about a debate on doser vs doserless )
    Hi Duncan,

    A search will reveal that the WA non sponsor mob are doing it- in a fashion...My understanding is that the funnel alone is $300ish and Id be surprised if the electronics are free?  :-?

    For mine, Id sooner have a Robur-e with the speed and also for the functionality in the electronics. Mazzer dont list a different burr cut for the electronic models, but theyre all quicker, so I suspect that may in fact be the case....

    Id flog the robur and get a robur-e over a compromise roburstein...but thats just me :

    2mcm

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

      Originally posted by 4C5D464B4946454B434144444758280 link=1261355556/0#0 date=1261355556
      The doserless Funnel and electronics for a Mazzer Robur costs about A$365. Has anybody retrofitted one of these units to a doser model machine?  The retrofitting could be to either  a supper jolly, major, or robur. ( this is topic is not about a debate on doser vs doserless )
      Now that I have an association through the KKTO project with a metal fabricator & metal spinner
      I was thinking of the same thing
      Now the problem is what metal to choose brass, copper, stainless steel or aluminium ? decisions decisions

      KK

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

        Originally posted by 0A2E272724241E0A2E322C2E410 link=1261355556/2#2 date=1261374930
        Now the problem is what metal to choose brass, copper, stainless steel or aluminium ? decisions decisions
        Brass will tarnish and if not thick enough is too soft, copper and aluminium also too soft, and all will have some reaction to cleaning agents and coffee.

        Has to be stainless KK.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Retrofit Doserless Funnel to existing Mazzer Grinder

          but damn, copper would look awsome (until someones grubby fingers tarnished it anyway)

          Comment

          Working...
          X