K3 Cleaning Grinding Chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K3 Cleaning Grinding Chamber

How often do you remove the top burr to clean the burrs and grinding chamber.

I run Grindz through the machine about every six weeks and I grind 1kg every ten days.

Its a bit of a pain dismantling the grinder so I suspect not many do it :

Re: K3 Cleaning Grinding Chamber

I clean my grinder burrs about once a month. Give it a good vacuum then clean parts with various tools/cloths.

Is there a place to buy Grindz in Australia? A web site?

Comment

Di Bartoli stock Grindz

Comment

Originally posted by 5C47584F42161F2E0 link=1264112284/1#1 date=1264115027
        I clean my grinder burrs about once a month. Give it a good vacuum then clean parts with various tools/cloths.

I got mine from Jetblack Espresso

Comment

Originally posted by 29322D3A37636A5B0 link=1264112284/1#1 date=1264115027
          Is there a place to buy Grindz in Australia?
          Originally posted by 3F3A35323E3776283A355B0 link=1264112284/2#2 date=1264116672
          Di Bartoli stock Grindz
          Originally posted by 092E282F225B0 link=1264112284/3#3 date=1264119277
          I got mine from Jetblack Espresso
          And I got mine from cuppacoffee for...$4.00....lol

Rival, lots of Sponsors sell it. A local sponsor will probably save you the postage.

Comment

whats in the grindz tablets?
            and whats the after "grindz" clean procedure?

i am about to clean a old grinder to lend to a mate and was now wondering if its worth buying one (some?)

thanks
            Leeham

Comment

Originally posted by 2C37283F32666F5E0 link=1264112284/1#1 date=1264115027

This is exactly the thread I wanted to read.

Any tricks for dismantling? Ive read the manual but how do you remove the metal position indicator easily without scratching it?

Secondly does Grindz really work? Do you taste Grindz in your next cup?

Comment

The manual says:

"Remove the position indicator cover located on the grind regulator with help of a flat-head screwdriver"

A thin knife blade will do just as well.

After using Grindz run a double shot of beans through the grinder to clear out any residue.

Comment

I have taken mine half way apart to brush the insides clean. Its simple but not a quick job. I might try the Grindz next time......

Comment

Ive only had my K3T for a few weeks but ive not even read up about how to clean it, let alone actually done it. :-[

Comment

Originally posted by 1B1B1B510 link=1264112284/9#9 date=1264397413
                      ve only had my K3T for a few weeks but ive not even read up about how to clean it, let alone actually done it.Embarrassed
                      Id be rectifying that pronto if I were you, otherwise you might let it go too long and spoil your shots

Comment

Does the "Grindz" alone do a good job or do you still need to take the grinder appart for a really good clean?

Comment

Id be interested in some opinions on that Pauly 8-)

Comment

Originally posted by 5C6D796075383C380C0 link=1264112284/11#11 date=1264555395
                            Does the "Grindz" alone do a good job or do you still need to take the grinder appart for a really good clean?
                            If youre expecting it to work miracles I think you would be disappointed.

If you use grindz routinely, it will pick up and clean out excess coffee and oils. Having said that, if youve never used it before I think its a good idea to take apart the burs and give them a good scrub from time to time and before first use of grindz - some of those pesky little coffee particles can be quite stubborn and really wedge themselves in place!

Comment

Thanks Dennis.

Ill try Grindz monthly and manual clean once per year...... This should do the job.

Comment

Working...
                              X