Mazzer mini v the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer mini v the world

Buy a minni Mazza. Nothing alse compares, period. They will take years and years of abuse if needed although im sure you wont do that

I have used them as decaf grinders in shops doing at least 4 kg of decaf a week and have never had an issue. We have had them for YEARS. Best of luck.

Re: Mazzer mini v the world

Originally posted by 1635262635373F540 link=1269952732/7#7 date=1270093843
    Buy a minni Mazza. Nothing alse compares, period.
    Sure, Mazzer make excellent grinders but to say that "Nothing else compares, period."; thats just a little over the top in my view. There are several erstwhile alternatives to Mazzer grinders that also possess excellent industry credentials.....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 426F6B676A060 link=1269952732/8#8 date=1270105224
      Sure, Mazzer make excellent grinders but to say that "Nothing else compares, period."; thats just a little over the top in my view. There are several erstwhile alternatives to Mazzer grinders that also possess excellent industry credentials.....

Mal.
      In industry, I dont think anything comes close to Mazzer for street cred. For home, its a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by 6D40444845290 link=1269952732/8#8 date=1270105224

Mal.
        Fill me in Mal. What are some of these mystical grinders you speak of?? grinders that have stood the test of time like the mazzers?? No plastic parts of course and are as robust as the mazzer.. I have tried ALOT of grinders btw... We have 4 shops in lil old Tassie and sometimes find Mini Mazzers hard to source for people (like now) who want them. Fill me in please.

Comment

Ohh and i said nothing else compares to the mini mazz btw. Thats under $800, so thats your budget.. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 684A4C57505A4C3F0 link=1269952732/10#10 date=1270117445
            In industry, I dont think anything comes close to Mazzer for street cred. For home, its a different story.
            I apply everything from work to home in coffee!! It all has to be of that standard. Know what i mean?? No second rate coffee for me thanks

Comment

Ohh and not saying other grinders would make it second rate coffee

Comment

Im not going to get into any kind of pissing contest guys, but there are a number of other makes of grinder that I would be very happy to own and use (if physical and medical constraints were not an issue, especially). Most unfortunately, are more generic in their presence in Europe than they are here in Oz due to our small market but you do see them around from time to time and the level of design and engineering is of very high quality....

Over-reaching, blanket statements of the type made above though, are not really very helpful to someone coming into the espresso scene as a newbie, no matter who makes the statement but particularly so when it is made by someone who works in hospitality, such as yourself....

Mal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1D30343835590 link=1269952732/15#15 date=1270126641
                  Im not going to get into any kind of pissing contest guys, but there are a number of other makes of grinder that I would be very happy to own and use (if physical and medical constraints were not an issue, especially). Most unfortunately, are more generic in their presence in Europe than they are here in Oz due to our small market but you do see them around from time to time and the level of design and engineering is of very high quality....

Over-reaching, blanket statements of the type made above though, are not really very helpful to someone coming into the espresso scene as a newbie, no matter who makes the statement but particularly so when it is made by someone who works in hospitality, such as yourself....

Mal.  
                  Pissing contest?? Oh dear, proffesional of you... I work in specialty coffee Mal and my opinion has been earnt through alot of hard work in my field. I was merley stating that i dont think anything else compares to a mini mazz in that price range. You have STILL failed to give me an example. So like i said earlier, enlighten me Mal. I would love to be able to tell others of these grinders, i really would. But over-reaching and blanketing?? Explain what you mean?? What IS helpfull to people new to coffee is real life coffee experience. I feel that i have that and would love to share my professional and personall opinions with others..

Comment

Originally posted by 6A495A5A494B43280 link=1269952732/16#16 date=1270175168
                    Pissing contest?? Oh dear, proffesional of you... I work in specialty coffee Mal and my opinion has been earnt through alot of hard work in my field. I was merley stating that i dont think anything else compares to a mini mazz in that price range. You have STILL failed to give me an example. So like i said earlier, enlighten me...
                    Given earlier posts today regarding the recent full moon and the recently published best seller entitled CS etiquette #101 for dummies (essential reading); and also to help placate a concrete thinker, Ill start a list...merely to assist in the removal of the blinkers..
                    • Mazap M4/M5- just as well built, quieter, just as fast, sweeps better, better finish, more accurate adjustment, easy to clean and better value for money.
                    • Compak K3E WBC. Best doser in the business. Hugely robust grinder and better value as well.

The Mazzer is a good grinder and has a well-deserved reputation. It is not the only choice in the price bracket.

Herewith, my mark on the wall :

Comment

Originally posted by 257A62747F7478717172727A7679170 link=1269952732/17#17 date=1270176010
                      Mazap M4/M5- just as well built, quieter, just as fast, sweeps better, better finish, more accurate adjustment, easy to clean and better value for money.
                      Macap hey?? Fair enough, i prefer stepless grinder adjustments though, personally. Steps could perhaps keep you from "the perfect pour"! Each step on the Macap is at least 2 seconds in pour time, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by 1E3D2E2E3D3F375C0 link=1270093844/10#10 date=1270176730
                        Macap hey?? Fair enough, i prefer stepless grinder adjustments though
                        Back to the books Barrack, you need to do your homework...All M4/5 Australian stock has been micrometric adjustment for a long time now....

Comment

Originally posted by 520D150308030F060605050D010E600 link=1270093844/9#9 date=1270176010
                          Compak K3E WBC. Best doser in the business. Hugely robust grinder and better value as well.

Oh dear, cant comment on this one!! May be in trouble Have read a fair bit on them but have not personally used the compak..

The call on the blinkers was not needed btw, moderator..

Comment

Originally posted by 217E66707B707C757576767E727D130 link=1270093844/11#11 date=1270176909
                            Back to the books Barrack, you need to do your homework...All M4/5 Australian stock has been micrometric adjustment for a long time now....
                            How long we talking??

Comment

Originally posted by 4566757566646C070 link=1270093844/13#13 date=1270177464
                              Originally posted by 217E66707B707C757576767E727D130 link=1270093844/11#11 date=1270176909
                              How long we talking??
                              Longer than an attention span...2 years or so from the main importer.

Comment

Working...
                              X