Mazzer mini-e discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer mini-e discussion

This thread created for any questions or discussion on the Mini-e grinder...

Our bulk buy offer has now closed.

Chris

Re: Mazzer mini-e discussion

Its a fantastic price (considering the RRP of both the mini and the mini-e). My problem with the mini manual has always been the poor dosing with a massive left throw.

I think the electronic versions are better suited to the home setup (from what I have heard from baristas) and with this offer hugely reducing the price difference between the mini manual and the mini-e, Id be jumping at the opportunity!

Comment

Hey Chris,

Given that the Mini-e has 64mm burrs and spins at 1400rpm, would it be fair to say that it can keep up with a Jolly (dosered) which has the same specs?

Comment

Originally posted by 3D3F333B3B35322F5C0 link=1271480056/2#2 date=1271490225
        Hey Chris,

Given that the Mini-e has 64mm burrs and spins at 1400rpm, would it be fair to say that it can keep up with a Jolly (dosered) which has the same specs?
        Sadly no, ACog....The burrs are a less aggressive cut. Grind time for a double is still circa 20sec- similar to the mini....

Chris

Comment

The type A has a button that allows you to manually grind. I could not see a similar button on the type B. Is there a way to do this or a grind on demand method similar to the Sunbeam EM4080?

Also how much and how available are the short hoppers in Australia?

Comment

Originally posted by 3C2036540 link=1271480056/4#4 date=1271584351
            The type A has a button that allows you to manually grind. I could not see a similar button on the type B. Is there a way to do this or a grind on demand method similar to the Sunbeam EM4080?

Also how much and how available are the short hoppers in Australia?
            Yes htb- just hold the grind button in with the p/f and it grinds until you remove it...

A short hopper is around $55- but we presently have zero stock.

Chris

Comment

Can anyone tell me how this compares to the M4D? I always wanted a M4D but for the price talk coffee is currently offering I am not sure what to do?

Comment

Originally posted by 667A6C0E0 link=1271480056/6#6 date=1271853245
                Can anyone tell me how this compares to the M4D? I always wanted a M4D but for the price talk coffee is currently offering I am not sure what to do?
                I can...

The only edges over an M4D in my opinion are that the funnel means that the mazzer is a little better at handling clumping and the p/f rest is nifty. NB ALL doserless grinders can clump- even a Robur-e.

The Macap is far more accurate on a timed dose and 2 x Mazzer speed.

I am not canning the Mazzer, but its a KO to the Macap in my opinion.

Chris...

Comment

I have been looking at getting a mini, is the doser really that bad to justify forking out the extra for the E version?
                  (i would prolly be grinding enough for 3 double shots every morning, and 1 or 2 in the afternoon)

do you think this usage will mean that the doser is less of a pain, or should i still go with the E.

Is this special price from Talk Coffee still available, and if so, what is the price?

Cheers,
                  kotaro

Comment

Originally posted by 7F7B6075667B140 link=1271480056/8#8 date=1274055137
                    is the doser really that bad
                    No, they arent, and personally i couldnt justify the diff in price, Kony-e is a different story because of the big conical burrs.....but thats another story. With the simple Tape Mod, the doser sweeps perfectly clean everytime, and with a sullinator mod it throws straight into the basket, so with maybe $2 worth of doble-sided tape and an empty milk carton you have a very solid, heavy, brilliantly built dosing Mazzer!

As for prices, contact Chris at Talk Coffee directly, through the sponsor list on the left <-------------

Comment

Awesome, you just saved me a few hundred bux haha.

Will do. (mods and check prices)
                      haha

cheers mate,
                      kotaro.

Comment

Try reading this thread. Comes down to personal preference really.

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1178017304

Comment

Thanks Caffine, that thread was a huge help
                          pretty sure ill be sticking with the dosered and keeping the extra $300 in my pocket

Comment

The Sullinator ;-)(a spin on other designs out there)

Tape Mod

Tape Mod from KK on a Mazzer Major(same idea)

Cheers
                            Warren

Comment

Working...
                            X