Sunbeam grinder question from newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam grinder question from newb

Hi all, Ive just bought my first grinder - the Sunbeam EM0450...

There was also the stainless steel version - the EM0480.

My question is, is it the same actual grinder inside? Should I be looking at one over the other for any reason other than looks?

Thanks.

Re: Sunbeam grinder question from newb

Same internals mate.....something different about the switch maybe?

Comment

I believe the 0480 for some reason has a longer warranty on the motor but as WSully said as far as we know the internals are identical.

The other difference is also as he suggested...the switch.
      The 0480 has on/off/auto.

The 0450 (from memory (sold mine)) only on/off.

Comment

OK thanks.... if the internals are the same and its just the plastic on the outside thats different I can live with that - its a cheap grinder anyway, so I might as well get it as cheap as possible. (I paid $135).

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 7A7E584141445B4C432D0 link=1271590490/1#1 date=1271592173
          Same internals mate.....something different about the switch maybe?
          Yes, there definitely was a difference with the switch, as well as a subtle difference with the grind setting.

Comment

Originally posted by 7C797C707F1D0 link=1271590490/3#3 date=1271638044
            its a cheap grinder anyway, so I might as well get it as cheap as possible. (I paid $135).
            I said the same but paid a bit more way back when.

Originally posted by 7C797C707F1D0 link=1271590490/4#4 date=1271638098
            a subtle difference with the grind setting
            Theyre all different and sometimes not subtly.

Comment

Sunbeam lady on the hotline was trying to tell me the burrs are lesser quality on the 0450. I reckon she was just making that up as she went along...

Comment

Originally posted by 696C6A6B636C766D050 link=1271590490/6#6 date=1271644819
                Sunbeam lady on the hotline was trying to tell me the burrs are lesser quality on the 0450. I reckon she was just making that up as she went along...
                It wouldnt make economic sense for both the inside and the outside to be different.

Logically, the $50 difference in RRP would be covered by the metal body and switch of the 0480 plus the extra warranty time.

Comment

Working...
                X