Macap M7D discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macap M7D discussion thread

Originally posted by 7B657D7066657E7F110 link=1284342509/23#23 date=1295405498
    Be good if Macap put out an M7D - ie a conical doserless grinder with same controls as an M4D.
    Its been on my radar for quite a while sniff,

Stay tuned ....

Chris

Re: Macap M7D discussion thread

Attilio and I have ordered a few for a look see. ETA will be early April. I think an M4 hopper will go on one for a funky shorter top end home grinder.

Ive attached a .pdf info file

Chris

Comment

Drool.... :P

I wonder what the grind retention will be like?

When Chris sent me some freebie Grindz along with my e-shop order I naturally popped them straight in and ground them through.

I was a little shocked at how much coffee came through first before the white Grindz appeared. Whenever Ive given the M4D a good clean (vacuum) it always then keeps about a 1/3 of the next PFs worth of coffee.

I suppose I should factor this in to my dosing.... :

Comment

And it comes in red (Italian Red presumably) for those who are disconcerted by the prospect of disassembling & respraying a brand new Kony-e  

Comment

Tell you what.... 8-)

If this had been in the offing when I was looking around for a large, high quality doserless E grinder, the Kony-E wouldnt have been such a certainty : ... Oh well, got to go with whats available at the time but Im not sorry to have bought the Kony though. A choice of more than one (at this level, not a Robur-E) would have been nice....

Mal.

Comment

Mal,

Whilst in fairness I havent seen or played with the the M7D, I notice from the pic they have kept the same grind setting mechanism which in my humble opinion is not as user friendly as some other grinders (by chance I was in Dandenong today mentioning the same to the boys at Expobar). In fact so much so, I am looking at switching to a Mazzer, though the new K10 Fresh has caught my eye.

The grass always seems greener but I suspect that you own the better machine.

Chris

Comment

My comments were said with tongue firmly planted in my right cheek, I have to say....

Im very, very happy with the Kony 8-)

Mal.

Comment

Yep,

Love my 2 x Kony-E as well

The K10F also uses a worm drive, so has more in common with the M7D than with the Kony-E.

Nevertheless, if you dont look, you never know!

I really like the M4D and expect that the M7D will do the job brilliantly as well.

Chris

Comment

Chris / Attilio - any word on when these will arrive?

Sniff

Comment

Thanks for the interest Sniff.

The container should be in our warehouse end next week.
                    (...ship supposed to land in port tomorrow and it takes a good week for everything to "clear" and transport...)

Regdz,
                    Attilio

Comment

any feedback from a new happy user?
                      how it does at the coarsest side?
                      Beside of being supreme for espresso Id need a new potential grinder Im choosing to be happy at coarser side of bean for plunger.
                      Im in the middle between Kony E and M7D despite havent clarify with my local distributor about Konys disponibility.

Comment

Attilio has confirmed that these have now arrived. Well have stock next week and one on the bench for playtime as well 8-)

Comment

These have arrived and Ill crack a box open for Faema shots tomorrow morning.

They are the same height as a kony-e (~630mm) and the throat is a tad wider than that of an M4.

For those wanting a shorter grinder, it would be possible to modify an M4 hopper to pack it out and lose about 100mm. The hopper is huuuge!!

Chris

Comment

Alrighty.... Perhaps 30 shots this morning.

Initial impressions are nice, but boy that hoppers big 

It dialled in pretty well and I was impressed with the fluffiness of the grind. If anything, perhaps a little better than the Kony-E. Its quiet which is really nice!

On a brand spanker, grind time for a double is about 7.5 sec, but I would expect that to decrease by about a second as the burrs bed in.

In the cup, its on par with all the other big conicals- very nice!

Would I have one, definitely. Do I like it more than the K10 Fresh, I think so. Its just easier and more efficient. For home use in tight spaces, it will be neccessary to modify an M4 hopper to make the throat wider or (better still) find someone who can cut down the existing hopper to suit an M4 lid.

My opinion: if you like a Kony-E, get one. If you prefer the look of the Macap M7D, get one of them. Its on par

Price will be a hundy better.

Chris

Comment

Compared to K10 fresh - how is it easier and more efficient???
                              What is the RRP?

Comment

Working...
                              X