Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did you get your Breville Smart Grinder from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did you get your Breville Smart Grinder from?

Hello all,

I know this seems like a frivolous question. I was a little disappointed to realise that the Myers stores in Canberra doesnt stock the Smart Grinders, and was told that perhaps only the big cities like Melbourne and Sydney have them. My next option is to get the grinder online, since it seems cheaper as well.

Where did you get your grinder from? Websites or off the stores?

Jas

Re: Where did you get your Breville Smart Grinder from?

Best place is site sponsors

Comment

Hi Jas,

Originally posted by 705E7E5C4F495C533D0 link=1307758646/1#1 date=1307761751
      Best place is site sponsors 
      +1
      Bought mine from CS sponsor Talk Coffee - excellent service and help from Chris.  Dennis @ cuppacoffee was also most helpful, though he was out of stock at the time I purchased. 
      cheers
      lu

Comment

I confess I got mine free because it seemed like a good way to use up FF points, but obviously for the coming machine upgrade ... and the next grinder : ... I would definitely visit a sponsor.

Comment

Site sponsors are wonderful. I ended up getting mine from Den at cuppacoffee but Chris at Talk Coffee is also very helpful and sells them.

Den at Cuppacoffee was good enough to test my smart grinder and dial into the correct grind for my aeropress

Comment

Talk Coffee provided ours late last year. Service door to door so quick even though we are way out in the boonies. We just love the grinder and we are enjoying many different kinds of roasted coffee beans. Aeropress, Otto and Vibiemme all utilised with the Breville grinding so well for us. Phil McKnight from Breville has been fabulous with Breville Smart Grinder support. This is the fantastic service you get when you support our sponsors. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Well done Breville.

Comment

Herbie, Thanks youve just answered a query for me as was wondering if my smartgrinder would make fine enough grind for Otto, having read on CS that it requires a grind coarser than Turkish but finer than espresso; 8-) otto is on my wish list

Comment

Yep mine is on office duty with a pour over & aeropress, came from Chris @ TC. Great little machine & I would highly recommend it in its price range, punches well above its weight.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by 54767776190 link=1307758646/7#7 date=1307780765
                  Yep mine is on office duty with a pour over & aeropress, came from Chris @ TC. Great little machine & I would highly recommend it in its price range, punches well above its weight.

Steve
                  What setting are you using for your pourover? Ive got a hario v60 and trying to work out the best grind. At the moment i am one click away from the plunger grrind and although it tastes ok I am still interested to know if i am in the right spot and what others find to work

Comment

Originally posted by 223429302334356B353328342F3523460 link=1307758646/8#8 date=1307793789
                    What setting are you using for your pourover?

Hi DS, Ill check on Tuesday and post a reply. Bear in mind they are only numbers and with the variation in grind fineness and need or no need for shims it is only a guide.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X