Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What grinder is this?

Hi all

opportunity for me to pick up a cheap second hand commercial grinder. Apparantly no model number or brand (?!) so potentially a rebadge. Any ideas what it is?

thinking it might be too big/noisy/old, but always worth a look!

cheers
    iggs

Re: What grinder is this?

thats a Bezzera  bb105 (ish)

about the same as a mazzer Super Jolly
    assuming its a bb105
    i have a later model bb105 (and a SJ) and it seems rock solid

in this link it says the word conical burrs (its not they are flat burrs)
    http://coffeesnobs.com.au/YaBB.pl?num=1273570184

Comment

If its cheap, commercial and grinds well, then theres no reason not to have it!

Comment

Also known as Obel/Bregant DSQ grinder, 64mm flat burrs

Comment

You also find those badged as Aurora grinders, shares the same burrs as some Bezzera and Eureka grinders, and the Rancilio MD50 grinder.

Comment

haha looks like it gets around under many different guises

heres the next question - how does it grind? Maheel seems to like it. any other experiences?

(i most likely wont get it because the vertical clearance is too big for my kitchen unfortunately, but still curious/possibility)

Comment

take the hopper off i reckon and make a small one out of something.

the one i have seems fine, it might need new burrs but its my "spare" grinder so i have not bothered to replace.

mine sweeps cleaner than the super jolly i use everyday, but i prefer the looks of the SJ. I dont like the buttons on mine that turn it on and off.

I reckon if you can buy it for $100 (or less) you should be

Comment

going to go have a look at this soon.

what should i be looking out for in a used grinder?

or i guess a better question - what would be something that stops me buying it?

thanks

Comment

Just bought a Bezzera version of this. I believe its the 900rpm version not the 1400rpm because of the slow grind and silence while grinding. Finally I can make a coffee while the baby sleeps!!
                  I am suitably impressed. picked it up for $160 (the seller wanted closer to $300). Not the $100 or less that maheel mentioned but it came with a new motor and burr sets and I think this thing is around 13kg! Solid. so I reckon itll outlast me. If only it had a much smaller hopper.

Comment

Ahh was that the one off Gumtree? I was looking at that one with slight interest

Comment

Yep sure was. 64mm flat burr 900 rpm and solidly built...why is this grinder so under rated? The collar for the hoppers around 60mm...similar to the mazzer. Only silly thing is that its not stepless. they couldve made the thing a little prettier I guess.

Comment

saoye, mine is exactly the same as yours mate! its a beast of a machine - weighs a ton right? haha.

im getting excellent results in the cup with it. a huge step up from my em450

Comment

Hi Iggs, you obviously ended up buying it after you started this post. Who wouldnt at a price under $200? What was it badged at the back? The only labelling this thing has is the slide on rectangular badge that allows them to put on the logo such as Bezzera, carimalli etc.

Also, Im not using the giant hopper. Looking to get a Jam Funnel to replace it seeing as the collar is similar size to the Mazzer the Jam Funnel modification can work. Is yours the 900RPM version or the 1400RPM?

Comment

fam funnel mod ftw! love the look too.... another bargain find!

Comment

Are these older grinders reliable? i have the opportunity to buy some second hand equipment from a fish n chip shop thats closing down.

-k

Comment

Working...
                              X