Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gaggia MDF doser mod?

Hi, im curious how mdf owners are dealing with the doser on mdf
    This doser does make a lot of mess when the flywheels are turned to sweep the coffee grounds into portafilter.
    pic shows one of my latest mod to the doser, which makes the closing of the doser smaller so that the coffee is centered in the basket.
    I also have done the taping mod on the flywheel with tapes.

Has anyone made a plastic template like the mazzer  Elvinator?
    i made out of plastic cards.
    i simply cut them out, twisted into the exit of the chute, but im looking for better solutions!
    Any ideas or mod is welcome

Re: Gaggia MDF doser mod?

COuld you use one of the epoxy putty materials to produce a custom fit block for either side of the chute?

usually 2 parts to mix then fit the putty into the chute and mould it to shape (might need vasolene to prevent it sticking). remove when almost set and once cured you can smooth and shape it. A seal of some sort (even paint) would be ok to finish it off so no coffee oils are absorbed.

perhaps even fabriate around a small piece of square pvc and make it a drop-in item ??

Comment

Originally posted by 555E57445A5F5306070706360 link=1311603913/0#0 date=1311603913
      Hi, im curious how mdf owners are dealing with the doser on mdf
      I dose into a small square plastc dsh that i can hold close to the exit hole; i then dose into the group handle from the corner of the dish.
      Eliminates most of the mess.

Comment

Gday "charlie0110"....

Your image files were rather large mate, so I reduced them down. If you can try to keep file sizes down to around 100KB or less and within a frame size of 800x600 Pixels, that would be great.... 8-)

Thanks,
        Mal.

Comment

Thx Mal, i trimmed the photo down, but still not small enough :P
          i will be careful next time when i post here!

[/QUOTE]
          Originally posted by 42485D404D46415C2F0 link=1311603913/1#1 date=1312268383
          COuld you use one of the epoxy putty materials to produce a custom fit block for either side of the chute?
          That sounds pretty good solution havent thought of making out of those. I would look for those materials when i got time.

Comment

Working...
          X