Please help me identify my Mazzer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify my Mazzer!

Ive just bought a Mazzer grinder from ebay, during a particularly heavily caffeine fueled late night!.
    The seller couldnt tell me the model number, and as I eagerly await its arrival, Id like to order new burrs.
    Is anyone here able to identify it for me from the photos?

Hope its a good model, it was a bit of a impulse buy!

Appreciate it!

Re: Please help me identify my Mazzer!

Its a mini, good purchase.

Brett

Comment

It looks bigger than a mini
      It more like a Super Jolly or a Major

If the burrs are 83mm its a Major
      I have a brand new set of Major burrs if interested

KK

Comment

Looks like a Super Jolly to me (the same as the one I have) with a shorter hopper. The sticker on the non-photographed side will tell you when you get it.

No matter what it is, itll be a great machine, assuming you got it for a good price.

Comment

Thanks all,
          Hopefully itll arrive in the next few days, so I should be able to see the burr size then.
          Looking forward to the upgrade from my Rocky which is giving too much clumping.

Comment

Upper burr-carrier O.D. in relation to overall width seems too small to be a Jolly... Looks like an older Mini to me and theyre a great grinder. Dont buy a new burr set until you get it home though, and give it a thorough clean. The originals might be quite OK...

Mal.

Comment

Its a pity that there is no point of reference to judge the height and relative size in the photos

I now dont think its a Major as all the ones I have seen have 3 cooling slits on each side of the casing

So we are looking at an older Mini as noted by Mal & Moto Coffee or a Super Jolly

KK

Comment

Ok, Its arrived today.
                The Sticker (which should have the model name on) has been so badly wiped and cleaned that its illegible.
                Im not 100% sure, but its just possible that it may say Luigi on it, which I think supports the SJ vote.
                Also, Ive looked measured the burrs - 64mm outer diameter.
                So I do I definitely have a super Jolly?

There is a sh*t lot of cleaning to be done on it before I get to test it properly, but apart from a few marks and signs of use, it seems to work well.

The Burrs looked in pretty good shape to me, but Im not actually that sure of what they look like when they start to wear?.
                Ill try to upload some photos later, but any help from the Mazzer experts here would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

The burr size being 64mm means its a super jolly, so its a good pickup, give it a once over and enjoy it

New burrs are cheap even if they need to be replaced.

Comment

Yes, Its definitely a Super Jolly. Thanks everyone for your help.

Just had a superb extraction from my first test, so its looking very promising so far - and I think the burrs are in at least reasonable condition, but will probably pick up a replacement set soon anyway !

Comment

well done, nice pick up.

Comment

Working...
                      X