Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sunbeam 0480, or breville smartgrinder??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunbeam 0480, or breville smartgrinder??

Hey guys i am looking to spend around 200 on a grinder to use for my older model gaggia classic. Do you reckon sunbeam 0480 or breville smartgrinder?? Or somethin else....

Re: sunbeam 0480, or breville smartgrinder??

I would say the breville trumps the 0480, much more featured and hardly any mess. I would go the breville. I dont think there is anything else out there in that sort of price range. Next step up seems to be the Compak K3, which is roughly more than double the price.

Cheers

Comment

What about the gaggia MDF for $150 delivered? I would say that value at the moment is pretty hard to beat.

Comment

Having used a 0480 for nearly two years and changed to a smart grinder a few months ago, I would definitely recommend the smart grinder. Noticeable improvement in the cup, better consistency and much more convenient and cleaner.

Comment

Originally posted by 516475643238010 link=1324472876/3#3 date=1324504950
          Having used a 0480 for nearly two years and changed to a smart grinder a few months ago, I would definitely recommend the smart grinder. Noticeable improvement in the cup, better consistency and much more convenient and cleaner.
          +1

I too have owned both and would definitely put the Breville ahead by a decent margin for functionality and results in the cup.

If you can still get a Smart Grinder for around $200 I would go for it.

Comment

seems breville is the winner... what about compared to the mentioned gaggia mdf?

Comment

Working...
            X