Sunbeam em0405 multigrinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunbeam em0405 multigrinder

ok i dont have over $100 for a coffee grinder and opted for the cheap sunbeam em0405 multigrinder (yes the one that chops herbs etc also)

anyone else own and use one of these and could perhaps give a good grind time for beans to be of a good consistency fit for a sunbeam em3600 expresso machine.

Im just starting out and when i can afford it ill probably get a em0450 grinder further down the track.

Re: Sunbeam em0405 multigrinder

probably would have been a better option to purchase a handgrinder rather then one of those things

The reason we tend to look upon them as bad for Espresso is because they tend to be very inconsistant, particle sizes ranging from "talcum powder all the way up to gravel in the same batch

Sorry to say, I fear that you have (mostly) wasted your money.

Suffice to say, you _can_ get a good enough grind for the pressurised baskets, Provided you dont spend too much time on the grind. Less then five seconds, shake, another 5 second burst, and you may have something approaching usable...

But again, a handgrinder can be a lot more effective for the price (Ive seen them for less then $30 new)

and yes, I made the same mistaken when I started out. ;D

Comment

i noticed some likes to cake around the edges and doesnt always end up back in front of the blades. Oh well I will get a better one when i have some spare cash . Perhaps Ill need to chop some herbs one day and it will come in useful haha

Comment

Originally posted by 24213A327373400 link=1327487889/2#2 date=1327541114
        i noticed some likes to cake around the edges and doesnt always end up back in front of the blades. Oh well I will get a better one when i have some spare cash . Perhaps Ill need to chop some herbs one day and it will come in useful haha
        Yeah, the fines end up caked to the sides, The not-so-fine gathers in the middle.

I still have mine from way-back-when... I occasionally use it, for various spices and herbs, yes.

Comment

Its not a waste at all--it is really very good for making your own curry powder mixtures.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X