Mazzer Mini Electronic Finish Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazzer Mini Electronic Finish Difference

Hey there guys this is my first post on CS. I thought id give you a quick little run down to how i came to be posting this. On boxing day just past i purchased a mid range Breville Coffee machine/grinder combo. I quickly learnt that i couldnt achieve what i wanted on that machine. After reading around on CSs I was set on the path to purchasing a prosumer machine, a DB E61 should do the trick and Mazzer Mini Electronic Grinder (I blame you coffee snob for my addiction Hahaha). I purchased an Expobar Minore IV with the Mazzer Mini Electronic and I can now pull pretty decent shots most of the time, well after fiddling around with my grinder a little every morning. Since then Ive starting playing around with different beans and didnt want to go throwing my daily coffee roast settings out on my grinder so i purchased a second Mazzer Mini Electronic mod A. My problem is im so finicky on the finish of things (Im an artist by trade and was an engineer before my career change). Im just holding myself together on the finish of the Expobar (which in my mind is pretty rough) Getting back to it, my two Mazzer Mini Electronic Mod As have totally different black finishes ones Matte and ones a Semi gloss, its annoying the hell out of me to a point where i cant put them next to each other. I know im probably just over reacting but ive spent a bit of cash on them, but has anyone else had this issue with a Mazzer finish before and can I do anything about, like contact Mazzers importer? Or am i just stuck with it? The two grinders were purchased from different CS site sponsors as one didnt have it in stock when i wanted to purchase it.

Re: Mazzer Mini Electronic Finish Difference

The difference doesnt really show up that well in the photo, but they are far apart in finish and feel.
    If you couldnt tell the Matte finish is on the left and semi gloss on the right

Comment

How do you go from a midrange Breville and grinder to a Minore and 2 Mazzer Mini Es in less than 2 months?? Wow! A batchelor Im guessing? Or a VERY understanding wife!

Anyways, enough jealousy for one post. Looks stunning Mick with the two grinders on each side of the Minore. without seeing it in the flesh I cant see the diff in the pic but can understand why youd be annoyed. Have you tried contacting the sponsors that sold you the machines? Maybe make a swap with one of their demos that would match?

Comment

Originally posted by 37252B3D21440 link=1328450639/2#2 date=1328452221
        How do you go from a midrange Breville and grinder to a Minore and 2 Mazzer Mini Es in less than 2 months??  Wow! A batchelor Im guessing? Or a VERY understanding wife!
        My partner is pretty understanding and lets just say i may of buttered her up by buying her a French Bulldog puppy  ;D

In all honesty i totally wish i could just let the finish of the grinders go, but I just know its going to keep annoying me. I dont think my local site sponsor has one on display its, a mod b and not a mod a. Doesnt anyone know what colour the current one is? Matte or Semi Gloss?

Comment

Mick I see your an artist, maybe you could sand them back and paint them yourself to your liking, if you get no luck with swapping them..

I know thats not the point, but you can do what u want then

Comment

Originally posted by 716968626374060 link=1328450639/4#4 date=1328485919
            Mick I see your an artist, maybe you could sand them back and paint them yourself to your liking, if you get no luck with swapping them..

I know thats not the point, but you can do what u want then 
            Hahaha dont worry that did cross my mind, but then theres the id tag/serial numbers and bits and pieces that i cant remove and put back on after they have come off. Looks like i just need to get used to the way they are :-/

Comment

Wow that would annoy me too. Looks to be a different batch of paint that they used.

If it were me, id be stripping the grinders and polishing them with a dremel to match the Expo!

Or taking one back and getting them both from the same supplier/batch.

Just a thought!

Comment

Considering they are both new, yeah it is annoying me. I wish i purchased the polished ones now haha. Does anyone know which one is the newer finish?

Comment

Whilst there are greater problems in the world, I agree that it would be annoying to have two finishes!

I guess the only solution is to buy a third and keep your fingers crossed that it matches one of them then sell the other. you may be able to get a bulk discount now ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 7F746C777070150 link=1328450639/8#8 date=1328533520
                    Whilst there are greater problems in the world, I agree that it would be annoying to have two finishes!

I guess the only solution is to buy a third and keep your fingers crossed that it matches one of them then sell the other. you may be able to get a bulk discount now  ;D
                    Hahaha sell both buy a Kony Electronic

Comment

Originally posted by 31353F372F2D29352E392F5C0 link=1328450639/0#0 date=1328450639
                      The two grinders were purchased from different CS site sponsors as one didnt have it in stock when i wanted to purchase it.
                      Have you approached the sponsors you purchased the machines from? It could be that one of them could swap a machine for one that matches your other? Assuming they both have some in stock now.

Comment

I dont want to hassle they guys i purchased it from, at the end of the day they cant control how i was made. So im just going to sell the one thats only had a 200g of beans through it and get a Mazzer Kony Electronic and tiny issue will be over ;D

Comment

Wow this would really annoy me. It couldnt hurt to ask both retailers for some advice, they may even have a demo model you can swap for.

Could you spray both in clear semi gloss or gloss coat? You could spray right over the labels you dont want to remove, or mask them.
                          It may actually be possible to polish the Matt finish to a semi gloss using car polish.

The labels can be reapplied or replaced (you can buy replacements cheaply), and the metal housing can be stripped and rebuilt if you want to paint/chrome it. It doesnt need to be fully (internally) disassembled for painting...a DIY job really.

The first thing i did was remove all the labels, and the second was to ditch the tray from underneath...(its next to useless and just gets in the way when you do need to wipe the bench).

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 6F77797070651C0 link=1328450639/12#12 date=1328610621
                            The first thing i did was remove all the labels, and the second was to ditch the tray from underneath...(its next to useless and just gets in the way when you do need to wipe the bench).
                            That tray really is average isnt it, its probably better than the old plastic one though

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested. Mazzer said..

Dear Mick,

During 2011 we had to change the painting so all grinders in black colour now come as grinder Serial #1118540.

Best regards,
                              Luca Maccatrozzo - export manager

Comment

Working...
                              X