EM0480 - Good things come to those who wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EM0480 - Good things come to those who wait

I understand that by the standards of CS, I have probably only scraped in at last to an almost entry-level grinder.

I had a friend over for dinner and coffee while his wife is away and despite the fact that it was a cheap robusta (one week off a roast well into 2nd crack) masked with flavour syrup and loads of frothy milk, he told me it was the best coffee hed had in a while.

When I began to rant about my coffee ambitions and plans - angle grinder will visit my double-basket later this week - he invited me over to his place and handed me his 2 year old em0480. Turns out his wife is not keen on the mess as it spews a bit for coarser grinds.

He asked me what I thought he should get as a replacement (wife wants stainless steel only, so the mdf is out, I guess) and I think I should recommend bcg450? bcg800? - what say you, CSers? I imagine price is an object... but probably not the way it has been for me. K3T is polished aluminum...

Re: EM0480 - Good things come to those who wait

Totally comes down to price. Give us a budget and well give some advice.
    One bit of advice I can give now though is dont get the BCG450 - its rubbish. It the budget is around $150, get a BCG800 smart grinder.

Comment

Under $300, seems like. No mess and SS are the two stipulations.

Comment

For that price? Probably best to stick with the BCG800 and pocket whatever change hes managed to talk the retailer out of.

Meets all three criteria (stainless-ish, under the price requirement, and certainly regarded as being tidy)

Comment

With two recommendations for the bcg800 so far, I have passed that info onto my friend. Thanks JB-0101 and Laughing@Fate!

Comment

Working...
          X