Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EM0480 wont grind

Hi CSers
    New member here. After becoming addicted to fine coffee in the Carlton/Nth Melbourne area I decided to see if I can replicate in the comfort of my own place. After snooping around here for a couple of weeks and at the recommendation of a friend I decided to get a Sunbeam EM6910 which came with a more or less free EM0480 grinder. My problem is I cant get the EM0480 grinder to spit out any ground coffee. It spins and occasionally a few crumbs come out but nothing else. Looks simple enough device and Ive taken it apart and cleaned and put back together. Still no luck. The hole is not clogged, and if I put gound coffe down it it comes out. Just wont grind beans. Cant work it out and Im frustrated that I cant make a shot. Id appreciate any ideas. Im pretty sure Ive put it back together properly after cleaning. BTW Ive tried 2 batches of super fresh beans.
    Thanks for great resource here at CS!! Ill be hanging around and learning as I continue my coffe journey.
    Ian

Re: New EM0480 wont grind

When putting the grinder back together, it is easy for the top burr to end up too high in the adjustment collar. If you take off the hopper, the top burr assembly should be completely recessed. If its not, it wont grind the beans properly. A feature of my grinder is that the ground coffee has to be regularly assisted down the chute by rocking it back and forth - its like that even after I have just cleaned it out. My grinder has produced good tasting coffe with my Silvia.

Comment

Thanks Freojohn. After fricking around for some time I came to the conclusion that there was a problem with the way the machine was put together. Went back to store they gave me a new one and all is hunky dory. Ive now had 2 spectacular short blacks made with 7 seeds current espresso blend. Wonderful results! Rich flavour, great colour and consistency and beautiful house filling aroma. Very happy with first effort!

Comment

Glad to hear you got the suspect grinder replaced and now you can just enjoy!

Comment

Working...
        X