Elektra Nino

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elektra Nino

Ive been using the Elektra Nino for about 8 months now and once I got a handle on the different settings required for the different type of beans I roast, I have found it extremely efficient and accurate. I am very pleased with it. What Id like to know, however, is how best to clean it? I seem to use it and it functions perfectly, but I am a little concerned that I am not maintaining it. There just doesnt seem to be much to do other than use the thing...! Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Elektra Nino

Hi P. I have no idea what an Electra Nino looks like but with my Macap every couple of months  I undo the top burr & carrier and give it a good brush/vacuum [top burr, bottom burr, chute etc] and reassemble. For me it is simple but I have no idea of the complexity of the Nino. Old stale grounds and oils are the enemy of great coffee.

Steve

Steve

Comment

Theres not really much need for regular cleaning on a Nino, since the design of the grind head and outlet chute means it does a good job of clearing all the ground coffee out of the grind head by itself.

If you want to, removing the top burr to clean the blades is a bit of a task, since you have to first remove the adjuster wheel and worm gear, and to remove that assembly you have to undo 6 screws and lift off the back half of the grinder body.

But cleaning the outlet chute is very easy - it is designed to remove easily by simply pulling it down and out of the grind head. Its in 2 parts, a bottom part and a top cover, which just lifts off once you pull it out of the grinder. Wipe them clean inside and out, fit back together and poke them back up into the grind head and the chute just clicks back into place.

Oh, and for future reference, when it comes time to replace the burrs, they are actually Compak K10 burrs. Knowing that might make them easier to source.

Comment

Thanks guys. Appreciate your help, particularly MorganGT. Ive already found the outlet chute and clean that regularly, but I think Ill leave the burrs for another time - I probably havent used it enough yet. Thanks also for the product description for the burrs - that will certainly come in handy one day.
        Its funny how one of the most expensive grinders on the market comes with such little literature. Can you believe that the instruction manual was largely in Italian and it took me a long time to figure out how to program it. There is no reference in the manual to anything regarding maintenance of the unit! Even the net doesnt seem to offer too much information.
        Take care, and thanks again guys.

Comment

Hi all.
          It is a long time I have sent a post here.
          I have Nino for about three and a half years ,and I have some problems with it.
          I see that it takes longer time to grind the same quantity of coffee,and that it can not grind finer,so I can not get over 15-16 sec of time for a espresso drink,even if I push more coffee in a basket.
          I think that there are about 63Kgs of coffee through it.
          Some help please?
          Theodore
          Athens.

Comment

Originally posted by 6955585259524F583D0 link=1331036444/4#4 date=1341039516
            Hi all.
            It is a long time I have sent a post here.
            I have Nino for about three and a half years ,and I have some problems with it.
            I see that it takes longer time to grind the same quantity of coffee,and that it can not grind finer,so I can not get over 15-16 sec of time for a espresso drink,even if I push more coffee in a basket.
            I think that there are about 63Kgs of coffee through it.
            Some help please?
            Theodore
            Athens.
            Yiasou Theo
            Just a general answer that covers most grinders

After 63 kg of beans I would say that your burrs are just running in

At times depending on the beans one uses especially if the beans have an oily sheen on them can glug up the burrs.
            One should take off the upper burr carrier and wash it
            While the bottom burrs should be brushed and vacuumed clean

Its also possible ( and I have seen this happen ) that a whole bean or beans is / are stuck in the burrs

Also does the Nino have a manually adjusted safety stop to prevent burrs touching if the top burr carrier is wound down to far

This stop can be adjusted a tiny bit to have the burrs closer but not touching

So give that a go and get back to us

KK

Comment

Yiasou KK.
              Thank you for your response.
              Is there a video on how to dismantle the grinder,and take off the upper burr?
              I ask ,because I am afraid to "touch" the grinder.
              If I can not do this job,I call for the Elektra service in Athens.
              Anyway,I write here again, the cause of the problem.
              Regards,
              Theodore.
              PS.I have not been notified for your post,while I have tic the box.

Comment

Originally posted by 714D404A414A5740250 link=1331036444/6#6 date=1341077376
                Yiasou KK.
                Thank you for your response.
                Is there a video on how to dismantle the grinder,and take off the upper burr?
                I ask ,because I am afraid to "touch" the grinder.
                If I can not do this job,I call for the Elektra service in Athens.
                Anyway,I write here again, the cause of the problem.
                Regards,
                Theodore.
                PS.I have not been notified for your post,while I have tic the box.
                In most cases this is the procedure
                All you need to do is turn the upper burr carrier in a clockwise direction (as its a left hand screw thread) about 20/30 turns until comes off its just like a large screw on lid

Wash it in the sink and dry it well
                Onece that is done the bottom burr carrier can be brushed and vacuumed clean

Then reassemble and you are back in business

KK

Comment

Unfortunately not that simple on the Nino, because of the thumb screw adjuster it would take forever to unscrew the burr carrier.First you have to remove the 4 or 6 allen screws holding the back cover on.Remove the back cover and then undo the 2 screws holding the thumbscrew adjuster.Then you can unscrew the burr-carrier

Theodore-have you adjusted till burrs touching while the grinder is running?

Comment

Hi again guys.
                    I finally changed the burrs,after a suggestion of an American Nino owner,and yes,I can grind fine enough to take a espresso at 25sec,BUT the other problem,ie the stacking of the ground coffee in the grinder,even on the coffee incline,insists.I see that the problem is worst,if I put the incline moving metal "roof" in place.
                    Any help please?

Comment

You mean the grounds are blocking the shoot? I haven't had that problem with mine. Make sure the shoot is clean, it should be cleaned every day.

I would definitely leave the roof of the shoot on. If it blocked up without the roof on wouldn't it force the grounds into the internals of the machine? That wouldn't be good for the motor.

Comment

Working...
                      X