New digital timer on the Mazzer mini-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New digital timer on the Mazzer mini-E

Ive seen some references and photos of the new digital timer on the Mazzer Mini Electronic (A). Is there any news on when this model might be available?

Ive been thinking of buying a doserless grinder, and reading about Macap M4D, Mazzer Mini-e (A) etc, and it seems that the analogue timer was one of the areas that let the Mazzer down. Now that this has the same type of timer as the Super-Jolly, I wonder how it will stack up in the marketplace?

Re: New digital timer on the Mazzer mini-E

Originally posted by 5B59555A4A575753380 link=1332141083/0#0 date=1332141083
    Ive seen some references and photos of the new digital timer on the Mazzer Mini Electronic (A)
    Looooooog overdure if you ask me.

I have yet to hear anything, but that doesnt mean much. The current issue is that there is not much difference in price between a mini-e and the much faster sj-e. I reckon that a mini-e digital with a more aggressive burr cut would be pretty much perfect as a top quality entry level grinder. That might step on sj toes though.

Comment

Sure might improve things. The owners of the old type might not be to impressed. Unless there is a significant price rise on the new one then the prices of second hand units will drop.

Comment

Originally posted by 07222322121A24212120283F4D0 link=1332141083/2#2 date=1332141518
        Unless there is a significant price rise on the new one then the prices of second hand units will drop.
        Dont think there will be room for that as there is nothing between mini-e and sj-e. The current mini-e is not worth a zac more than a mini manual anyway IMHO...

Comment

I agree so it would be hard to imagine people not paying a bit more to buy new. So I can only see 2nd hand prices dropping.

Comment

Originally posted by 13262B2C18042821212222470 link=1332141083/3#3 date=1332141681
            Dont think there will be room for that as there is nothing between mini-e and sj-e
            Well, the motor size and speed of grind might be one distinguishing feature between the mini-e and SJ.

Still, I just ordered a mini-e from Coffee Parts and there was no mention of a digital timer. The only change on the new models is to the touch pad which has is slightly different. Oh, and they have stopped making the mod B version.

Comment

I am chasing a Mini-E if anyone has one going

Comment

Looks like it is a reality. Now showing on the Mazzer site: http://www.mazzer.com/scheda.asp?idprod=8#

It still uses the less aggressive 64mm burr set of the previous mini-e so will be circa 25 sec/double, but at least it has a p/f so you can multitask.

This should remove the major limitations of the previous mini-e grinders and make for a far superior product. Might make for some cheapie runout old mini-e grinders...

I have requested pricing info and eta.

Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,
                  Have you tried fitting the more aggressive SJ burrs to the Mini-E? I know the Mini motor is less powerful than the SJ, and wouldnt be workable for professional use, but maybe ok for home use?

Comment

Originally posted by 00020E01110C0C08630 link=1332141083/8#8 date=1332381040
                    Hi Chris,
                    Have you tried fitting the more aggressive SJ burrs to the Mini-E? I know the Mini motor is less powerful than the SJ, and wouldnt be workable for professional use, but maybe ok for home use?
                    I am unsure as to why Mazzer dont, but presumably they have their reasons.

The Macap M4D runs a 250W motor like the mini-e and a burr set which produces around the same throughput as the SJ.

Whilst I cant recommend it, I am sure that someone somewhere with an out of warranty grinder will one day provide us with an answer

I have an ETA on the new stock of April (sometime) and we will offer early-adopter pricing (via email only) for any who would like to pre-order prior to the end of March. Its looking like the RRP will be similar to the outgoing model.

I am checking whether there is discounted runout stock of the superseeded models.

FYI all there is now plenty of SJ-E stock as well.

Chris

Comment

Does the polished SJ-E exist in this country? Ive seen videos of it in europe but does not seem available here?

Comment

Originally posted by 414E49544843260 link=1332141083/10#10 date=1332383811
                        Does the polished SJ-E exist in this country? Ive seen videos of it in europe but does not seem available here?
                        Fraid not Roz- theyre coming in black or silver. A polished would be special order and have a lead time of minimum 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by 083D3037031F333A3A39395C0 link=1332141083/7#7 date=1332380682
                          Looks like it is a reality. Now showing on the Mazzer site: http://www.mazzer.com/scheda.asp?idprod=8#

Forgive me, but where does this say that the timer has been changed from analogue (via turning a screw) to digital. I was told, when I ordered mine a few weeks ago (yet to be delivered) that only the design of the electronic touch pad has been changed, but the timer mechanism is still analogue. I was also told that the Mod B has been discontinued, something you wouldnt be able to glean from the Mazzer site, or the Mini-e PDF there.

It is important that I find out because I would really prefer to get the digital timer model if it becomes available in the very near future.

Comment

Originally posted by 72797E61787F7970647463110 link=1332141083/12#12 date=1332386226
                            Forgive me, but where does this say that the timer has been changed from analogue (via turning a screw) to digital.
                            It says: [*]Stepless micrometrical grinding adjustment.[*]Electronic device to select the dose.[*]It grinds on demand. Every dose of coffee is fresh.[*]Single and double dose with independent adjustment.[*]Mod. A: electronic touch pad.

It shows:[*]The same touch pad as per all other digital mazzer "E" grinders and no analogue timer adjustment as in the old model. Have a look at the graphic.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. Now I just have to get back to Coffee Parts, from whom I ordered my Mini-e to make sure I got me one of those with the new touch pad.

...Later. Yep, confirmed the new Mazzer Mini-E at Coffee Parts have the new touchpads so thats whatll Ill be getting. If it truly comes with a digital timer it makes the grinder even more appealing to me. True, it isnt weight based, but its the next best thing and a step up from the previous model.

Comment

Working...
                              X