Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this coffee grinder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone identify this coffee grinder?

As the title suggests, im trying to work out what grinder this is. Its definitely Italian made as the manufactured date (2001) is in Italian. Theres no branding what so ever that i can see.

Any help with brand and model number would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Re: Can anyone identify this coffee grinder?

It is a Gino Rossi RR45

Comment

Youre a champ-thanks.

Had another quick search though, it looks more like a CC45A?

Comment

My mistake.
        It is a CC45A.

Comment

I appreciate the quick help! cheers

Comment

Anyone know if its suitable for a domestic environment and if its going to be a significant improvement over my em0450? Its been serviced about 5 months ago

Comment

Originally posted by 404D4459534E431919210 link=1332900532/5#5 date=1333153251
              Anyone know if its suitable for a domestic environment and if its going to be a significant improvement over my em0450? Its been serviced about 5 months ago
              Are you kidding? There is no comparison between this and a 450...its like comparing a daihatsu hatch back to a toyota landcruiser where the 450 is the hatchback!

After that only you can decide if it is suitable to a home use environment because it is a commercial cafe sized (tall) and operational grinder and will require a little bit of understanding to run it at home ie dont use the doser as a "doser", only as a collector box for enough grinds for your one or 2 coffees at a time,   from which to flick out the grinds using the lever.

If that doesnt suit, suggest a smaller non doser type grinder such as a K3T which will be more appropriate to home use.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Cheers Fresh_Coffee. In hindsight it was a question with an obvious answer wasnt it! Was just curious what people thought about whether its practical for a domestic kitchen? Or whether it will be too much hassle. In terms of what im pairing it with, I have a few espresso machines lying around which prob wont do it justice (breville 800es, sunbeam em5900 and a 3yr old em6910)

Im looking to upgrade my grinder and was looking at the Breville smart grinder but a friend closed their cafe and offered me this grinder (CC45A) for next to nothing and i was curious

In terms of hassle etc, what do people think? Prob make a coffee (1 or 2 at a time) twice a day

Comment

I have been using one for the past three years.
                  Anything from 1-40 coffees in a day. No problems whatsoever, I use it just like Fresh_Coffee recommended in the post above.
                  This is a commercial grinder that is built to last. New, they sell for around $800 plus. If you want to upgrade to a better grinder from this unit, your next step will depend upon many variables, and your choice will be amongst $1000+ units.
                  Best bet is to learn with what you have, get your routine and technique in order, then think about changing it.
                  Do not compare it with any Breville, Sunbeam etc, etc grinder.
                  If you find it too big for the kitchen, then follow the advice above and get a K3T.
                  If you cannot make good coffee with this grinder then the problem is either the beans or your technique, not the equipment.
                  Do not be shy, try it first.

Comment

Thanks bosco lever. No harm in testing it out I guess. When I mentioned upgrading, it was from my em0450 TO a brevile smart grinder/rocky or this (cc45a)

Im leaning towards a rocky due to its size- would I see a huge difference between the rocky and cc45a when all else is done well (correct grind, tamp etc)?

Comment

Would anyone be able to upload a copy of the manual or a link to the manual for the cc45? Ive searched high and low and cant track it down.

Comment

No luck anyone? Still trying to track it down...

Comment

Dont be concerned AR, grinder "Owner booklets" are as useless as tits on a bull and tell you nothing you didnt already know, like 240 V, so many HerZ, so may revs/min, and the diameter of the grinding plates.

Also of great use are pearlers like: "To use grinder, switch on......" "Clean by using only a soft cloth", To dispense coffee, pull lever", "Always disconnect grinder from socket when doing any maintenance" Do not place fingers inside hopper or inside dispenser", No user serviceable parts inside", etc. All stuff that you already know even if youve never ever seen a coffee grinder before.

Not being facetious...... you are not missing out on any useful information and after anyone opens a box containing a grinder, the owner booklet is the first thing that heads south (into the waste paper basket). That is probably why no one has responded to your enquiry....seriously.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by 26120513083F230F06060505600 link=1332900532/12#12 date=1334562263
                            Also of great use are pearlers like: "To use grinder, switch on......"  "Clean by using only a soft cloth", To dispense coffee, pull lever", "Always disconnect grinder from socket when doing any maintenance" Do not place fingers inside hopper or inside dispenser", No user serviceable parts inside", etc. All stuff that you already know even if youve never ever seen a coffee grinder before.
                            My favorite line from the Booklet that came with my Compak K3 was "Do not use Grinder with Bare Feet" :-?

I dunno bout you, but when the things up on the bench, its a pain in the backside to try operating it with my feet, bare or not!

Comment

Cheers for the relies. Main reason I wanted it was to make sure when I opened it to clean it out I could put it back together properly. I.e, maybe some diagrams etc. oh well. I guess Ill just take a crack!

Comment

Working...
                              X